Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default best neck pillow for flight

What is the best neck pillow for a flight?
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: best neck pillow for flight

I use a blow up doll...er... I mean pillow. Find it very comfortable, and then compact when I'm not using it.

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 21st, 2003, 07:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Mindy:

I read a tip a few months ago that women should always pack a "pashima" type shawl (approx 80" X 20"). This serves several purposes: it can be rolled into a pillow for your neck on the plane; It serves as an afghan for your cabin and/or wrap yourself in it on your balcony; And, of course, as an evening wrap.

I just found a dark purple soft, thin chenille-type shawl (with fringe!) from Sears just 3 weeks prior to our cruise (Feb. 8). It was $40 and marked down to $14. I chose a color since most of my evening clothes are black. My 12-year-old daughter enjoyed borrowing this shawl all week long, too. I will certainly add this item to my official packing list. It didn't take up any space at all.

Sincerely,

Old April 10th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Yeoman

I like the buckwheat shell ones. You can microwave it and it relieves aches and pains, too. About 6.00.
Smooth Seas and Following Winds.
C'K
Old April 30th, 2003, 05:52 PM
SeattleTraveler

I also swear by my 'Bucky' pillow (filled with buckwheat hulls). Not only is it the best in the world for flights (the airline pillows gross me out - they never get cleaned) but it's so great to have if the pillows at the destination/on board aren't up to snuff. I'm picky about my pillows (nothing like having your sleep ruined by a pillow that's too firm/flat) so the bucky is like an insurance policy for a good night's sleep. They are available online (see http://www.bucky.biz/eu/where.aspx or www.ebags.com) and cost more than the inflatable ones, but they are SOOO comfortable. They also unfortunately take up more space, but I think it's worth it.

I also have a pashmina shawl which is fantastic (it's synthetic, so was quite reasonable) for a shawl with any outfit, even formal (be sure to buy black). But it can also double as a pillow or even a little blanket, since it's so big.

enjoy!