CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Celebrity Millenium Wear...Help! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/293977-celebrity-millenium-wear-help.html)

Sweeterstuff16 February 15th, 2003 08:00 AM

Celebrity Millenium Wear...Help!

My husband and I, along with our three kids-16,13,9- will be going on the Celebrity Millenium this Spring Break. This will be our first cruise so i was not sure exactly on the dress code throughout the trip. What should we wear throughout the day, shore excursions, to breakfast /lunch/dinner, and especially the formal nights. My sixteen-year-old especially does not want to look out of place at any time. Help!!! Thanks, Linda

Post Edited (02-15-03 08:01)

Donna February 15th, 2003 03:21 PM

Re: Celebrity Millenium Wear...Help!

HI SS16,
For during the day you can wear regular resort wear, shorts, t-shirts, etc. Just follow the evening dress code for the dinner. You will find 2 formals, usually the 2nd nite out and the next to the last. Then there will be one semi-formal and the rest casual. The first "formal" is usually a little more formal than the 2nd one, so keep that in mind. You can wear shorts in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, just no swim suits, unless you have a cover up. I simply put on shorts over my suit to go in for lunch if I'm going back outside after.

The semi-formal attire, would be a nice dress or pants suit, where the formal is just that, nice cocktail dresses. The casual, you can wear a sun-dress, pants. The men will need a dark suit or tux for formal and a sports coat for the semi. For the "casual" nights docker type pants and a polo shirt, with a collar will be fine.

Have fun!

LisaK February 18th, 2003 10:17 AM

Re: Celebrity Millenium Wear...Help!

Donna got it exactly right! the first formal night is usually the Captain's Welcome Aboard gala and people really get all dressed-up for this occassion. Is your 16yr old a boy or girl? Girl- a nice party/holiday dress will be fine. Boy - if he doesn't have a dark suit or suit separates you might want to consider renting a tux. Same for your hubby. As for you - you will see long sparkly dresses and dressy cocktail dresses for formal night. Just remember no jeans or t-shirts in the main dining room at night.

Sweeterstuff16 February 18th, 2003 08:20 PM

Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium Wear...Help!

Thank you both so much. My 16-yr old is a girl, and from what she has heard, she is thinking about wearing a past homecoming dress for the first formal night....sound about right? As for me, it is off to the mall in hopes of finding something close to your suggestions. Thank you very much.

LisaK February 19th, 2003 11:12 AM

Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium Wear...Help!

Happy Shopping,!!! hit the end-of-season sales on holiday dresses if you can, you could get some great deals. As long as your daughter's dress isn't to frou-frou or promish looking it should be fine,( you know how sensitive teenage girls are!)