Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2003, 07:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to DanaB
Default Tattoos, sleeveless dresses

A long time ago, I got a few tattoos. It is one of few regrets that I have (not so much getting them, but their placement), but I am rarely seen in anything sleeveless because 3 of my 4 tattoos are on my upper arms and it makes me very self-conscious.

Over the weekend I tried on a sleeveless dress just for fun, as I often do. It was so cute and I did not want to buy it 1) Because I have all my outfits planned for my 4/27 cruise 2) More than likely I wouldn't ever wear it. Well, my sister talked me into getting it and has talked me into wearing it on the cruise. What I want to know, honestly, if you are sitting at your table on a cruise and someone comes and sits at your table with tattoos showing, are you offended by it? I know it is a silly question, I should really not worry, but I'm curious.

Thanks,

Dana

Sovereign of the Seas - 12/22/02
Sovereign of the Seas - 04/27/03
Sovereign of the Seas - 09/04/03 *and* 09/07/03
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Tattoos, sleeveless dresses

DANA. What I said b/4.
Peace&Love..
Old April 4th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Passenger

If people judge you buy your tattoos well need I say more about those kind of people. Do you ask because you are one of those people? Who cares about your tattoos, unless they say volgar things I would not be concerned.
Old April 4th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Tattoos, sleeveless dresses

You know, I really love body art, I collect tattoo mags and have been to many conventions, so I really know that people from all walks of life get inked. I'm not "one of those people" who judge others. We are our own worst critics.

For me, I feel I made a mistake, especially in placement, but I still love the art and will wear my new dress with pride!

Anyway, I try to be sensitive to others and would never want to offend anyone. I would never be offended by anyone sporting any type of body art (well, almost any type, I've seen some *interesting* sights at conventions) at the formal dining room table, but finding out what other cruisers think about it interests me.

Dana

Old April 11th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Dana,

A tattoo would not bother me unless the content of the tattoo were offensive in one way or another (vulgar or obscene).

If you regret or feel self-conscious about your tattoos, though, you might want to discuss the matter with your phyisican. I understand that there's a new laser procedure that can remove them fairly painlessly.

Norm.
Old May 11th, 2003, 03:30 PM
jamiegunter

Default Re: Re: Tattoos, sleeveless dresses

I see nothing wrong with it, but if you feel uncomfortable you could get a wrap to go around your shoulders. It would keep you warm to! They sell all diffrent colors on the Carnival ships in the gift shop if you decide you want one later. Have fun.
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Tattoos, sleeveless dresses

Thanks for the input once again. I wore the sleeveless dress on the last night of the cruise and it was just fine.

I just got a GREAT deal on a formal dress at Hecht's for my next [unbooked and unplanned, but inevitable] cruise. It was a $150 dress and I got it for just over $20. This is sleeveless, too, and really pretty.

I am glad I went for it with that sleeveless dress, now I'm not worried about wearing anything sleeveless in any situation.

Dana

Old May 12th, 2003, 08:46 AM
capn'kruzer

Survey says!!!! DanaB will be booked within 30 days...;-) you seem to get good deals not only on cruises but dresses,too!
SSaFWs..ED