Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2003, 11:52 AM
HollyCaryssa

Default how about at sea days?

Hello everyone!!!! I just wanted to let you know that you were absolutely 100% helpful with my last post and question. Now... that is why I have another for you. How about at sea days, during the day? Is there a dress code for that? Or can I just walk around with jeans or shorts? I mean, besides the cruises codes, is there some sort of etiquette among passengers or something that is frowned upon? Thank you very much!

Oh, and by the way, does the dress code for the dinning room apply for lunch or breakfast? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: how about at sea days?

On the Costa Atlantica the people dressed in the following manner;
Men, either trunks with a t-shirt and sandals or shorts with a polo type shirt and shoes. Women, either a swimsuit with cover up or shorts with a blouse and sandals. I think it all depends on what you're comfortable in wearing. I believe that if you look further back into the posts on this board your likely to find all sorts of opinions.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old May 31st, 2003, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Re: how about at sea days?

Holly, no real dress code during the day -- just casual. (I'm usually a polo shirt ahd shorts).

Sea days are my favorite -- lots of relaxing time.

Harry
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Re: Re: how about at sea days?

Oops, second part of your question was lunch and breakfast in the dining room. Normally, it just says no swimsuits, but that's it. I've eaten there in cotton pants or a nicer shorts set (on the Mexico cruises)

Harry
Old May 31st, 2003, 02:36 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

I'm 15 and Ive been on 2 carnival cruises with a few other families with people the same as as I. We would normally wear a bathing suit, with some birkenstocks or something during the day. We would normally do the buffet style lunch and breakfast, but we did the dining room lunch a few times and went in our bathing suits. I didnt really notice what other people wore, but i thought bathing suits were fine, as long as they were dry and you had on a shirt...... But they may have changed, my mom said it was cool.
Old May 31st, 2003, 05:12 PM
Yeoman

Jeans or shorts are fine for breakfast and lunch. If you wear a swimsuit, you have to wear a cover-up.
Old June 1st, 2003, 05:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: how about at sea days?

Assuming I'm in a warm climate I spend my sea days in my swim suite and have a long caftan to throw over when I go inside. This meets the dinning room dress code of no swim suites and keeps me from freezing in the air conditioning. I also use the same caftan as a robe to save room in my suitecase.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: how about at sea days?

For sea days is guess i spend about 90% of my day in my swimsuit. I wear either a white cotton oversized shirt or mesh shorts & t-shirt for my cover-up. I usually eat at the buffet or at the poolside grill, as long as you have some sort of cover-up on when you are in the public non-pool areas of the ship you will be fine. Most cruise lines post a no swimsuits or bare feet in the dining room policy. For breakfast we usually will just throw on a pair of shorts a t-shirt and sandals.