Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:30 AM
Jo1976

Default Do people wear jeans on these cruises?

Ive read all the messages about jeans not being welcome on formal dining but do a lot of people wear jeans during the day? When i read about what to pack most people say shorts, trousers etc... but no-one ever seems to mention jeans so i wasnt sure whether some of the cruises allowed them? I.e. Celebrity or Royal Caribbean? Me and my boyfriend feel comfortable in - and like - our jeans (not scruffy ones, just normal ones) and would be nice to know that people wouldnt look down on us for wearing them!
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2003, 11:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Do people wear jeans on these cruises?

Sure they do...and people won't look down on you for wearing them, unless you wear them into the dining room. Might want to change into slacks if you go there on "casual nights". Otherwise, nobody on Celbrity looked down on us for wearing jeans during the day.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Do people wear jeans on these cruises?

Jeans are fine for wearing around the ship and into port. Just stay out of the dining room with them and no one will notice.

Regards,
thomas
Old June 3rd, 2003, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi JO,
You may be more comfortable in shorts, even jean shorts, I wear those while cruising all the time. If you really want to wear jeans during the day and on shore excursions, feel free to, but I think you will be very warm??

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 4th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Depending upon where you are crusing to, i find jeans just to darn hot, heavy and dark for a cruise, think tropical lightweight fabrics if you are crusing warm climates.
Old June 4th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Passenger

It is ok to wear jeans during the day but it will be hot
Old June 4th, 2003, 07:35 PM
KTW35

Even Nice Black Jeans are fine for the Dining room at Dinner.I was almost "Overdressed" with my Nice Black Jeans and a collared shirt at dinner.Only shorts are frowned upon at Dinner,but I still saw a few people wearing them throughout the week.Later.
Old June 9th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Yeoman

As I understand it, it is O.K. to wear jeans to the dining room for breakfast and lunch, just not for dinner. Except for supper, we always ate at the buffet on the Lido deck which is much more casual, so I can't say for sure.
Old June 12th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Yeoman

I've been on a few Caribbean cruises and live in Miami, so I wouldn't consider jeans if you are cruising to the Caribbean, you may be too warm in them. You are not allowed in the dining room on most ships in jeans. Happy cruising!
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Yeoman

Jeans are Ok except on formal night. They just look tacky that night.
Old June 20th, 2003, 01:49 PM
jamie gunter

Jeans are fine. For wearing them to dinner it depends on the cruise line. Carnival does allow them on all nights except formal night. We have been on two of there cruises and I called to see if Jeans are ok at dinner. My husband usually likes to wear a nice pair of jeans and polo shirt to dinner. Have fun.
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:49 AM
susancruzs

You can wear them during the day, maybe on some lines for casual night but man, they are hot! For the caribbean I'd opt for cotton khaki, lighter weight materials plus you can put two pair of cotton slacks in a suitcase compared to one pair of jeans!!! :-)

Just my opinion, don't get mad but I learned the hard way! I dragged a heavy suitcase around London pre-cruise back in the middle 80s because I couldn't leave my jeans behind! Be without jeans for two weeks, never! Well, for those 4 pairs of jeans I could have put alot of other clothes in that suitcase! Plus this was before wheels!!! :-)

Just a thought!

Susie
Old July 4th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Shoot we wore jeans in the dining room and so did everyone else it seemed on the Triumph. Even saw some shorts too!

Now on formal night we dressed totally up.

Old July 5th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Kar06

I know a lot of people say it's too hot to wear jeans, but I usually bring a pair anyways, because I am very self concious in shorts (I know most people don't care, but I just don't feel comfortable in them) and usually wear capri pants most of the time, but I like to have a pair of jeans just for hanging out at night, if I don't go to the show...