Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default topless/and or thong

I am sailing on the grand princess in august around the western caribbean, on my honeymoon, does anyone know if there is a topless deck? or what is the policy on wearing a thong bikini, thanks sally
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: topless/and or thong

"what is the policy on wearing a thong bikini, thanks sally"

I, for one, am all for them.

Dean
Old June 11th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Lisa K

Default Re: Re: topless/and or thong

Dean, are we going to have to send you to your room???<G> Sally, as far as i know, the
dress code is that you need to wear a cover-up over your suit when you are away from the pool area. I don't think that their is a topless sunbathing deck.
Old June 13th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Passenger

I think that Carnival is the only cruise line that offers a topless deck. I have read many threads on the "thong". It all basically boils down to if you feel you want to wear it. For example there might be alot fo kids around the pool and the pools are close quarters so do you want to get up and have your rear in a kids face? On the other hand their is usually an all adult pool and I am sure that the guy sitting next to you would not mind at all!
Old June 15th, 2003, 08:12 AM
First Mate

I don't know about the grand princess...but I know on my cruises....lots of kids....very family oriented....enough said.
Old July 27th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM

Sally,
Perhaps you should try to find a topless establishment at one of your ports of call. Congratulations! Enjoy your honeymoon!
Old August 7th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Sally,

I am sailing on the grand princess in august around the western caribbean, on my honeymoon, does anyone know if there is a topless deck?

Princess ships do not have designated areas for "topless" sunbathing.

or what is the policy on wearing a thong bikini, thanks sally

Thong swimsuits are acceptable in the pool areas. On my first two cruises, the cast of "Love Boat: The Next Wave" were wearing them.

As others have noted, Princess asks all passengers to wear cover-ups over swimsuits everywhere else throughout the ship.

Norm.
Old September 3rd, 2003, 11:15 AM
n2hairstylz

Save the thong, and topless for your husband,IT IS YOUR HONEYMOON,and spare the kids a peek at you,Class class class...
Old September 4th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Maggie's Mom

Girl, wear what makes you feel fantastic! It's your once in a lifetime trip with your new husband ... enjoy every minute. You don't get to have the same experience twice.
Old September 7th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Beginner

If you are able to wear a thong, then by all means do so, it's your vacation. Be comfortable.

Old September 9th, 2003, 01:59 AM
p.g.

o.k. I have to know this, but , a thong? comfortable? I know they can look great on a nice body, but are they really comfy? How does it feel when you know that everyone is staring at your bottom, because I garantee that at least 75% of the men of deck will be.... the other 25% are asleep and will kick themselves when they wake up and their buddy tells them what they missed
Old September 12th, 2003, 12:29 AM
inky

pg--you're forgetting that 10% of all men are gay, and could care less if a woman is in a thong or not--they'll be checking out her man.

Now, about men in speedos.........
Old September 12th, 2003, 04:04 PM
p.g.

.......SPEEDOS, ugh....whole other board should be allowed for that one!!
Old September 15th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: topless/and or thong

there is another whole board on speedos somewhere, I was just there today and that is just gross and not right. I do not want to see men, no matter how they are built in speedos. Now, on the other hand, if I was a woman that could wear a thong, I might think about it. But I am 44 and no one wants to see a 44 year old in a thong!!!!!!! Go for it 18 year olds!!!!!!!!!
Old September 16th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: topless/and or thong

I have a private pool, and I wear a pair of speedos to swim 600 yards every day. That is what speedos were designed for, swimming. My wife would NEVER let me wear them in public, so I wear boxer style swimming trunks aboard ship.

However, I do feel that speedos on men fall in the same category as teeny weeny bikinis on women. I confess that I would much rather see a lady in a bikini than a man in a speedo, and I don't want to see either in a thong. Isn't life unfair when men can go topless and women can't?
Old September 18th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thongs are fine on the topless deck of Carnival ships which is the highest deck surronding the smoke stack. No need to worry about kids, they are not allowed on this deck.
Old September 23rd, 2003, 09:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Inky,

10% may be gay and looking at men but I guarantee you 90% of the 10% are acting as the fashion police. We may be gay but we sure know how to dress a woman!
Old September 24th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Admiral

I would not wear that but that is me personally. I do feel though all should consider how THEY look. Nothing worse then a size 16 plus in a thong and YES I have seen that.

Also too in Matrinique-all the beaches were topless. We took one of those party boat cruises. On the boat with us was a very attractive 50plus women in a bikini-she looked GREAT and very youthful that is until we got off on the beach and she decided to go topless. MAJOR going south-she should have kept her top on-I had been so jealous of how attractive and slim she looked until I saw her topless.

Anyway MY POINt- we all want to be attractive as possible and sometimes this means wearing a little more. That is one GOOD thing about clothes-they can hide a multitude of imperfections.
Old October 5th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Golden Princess
Old October 8th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Padme_Amidala_Skywalker

if you go to Martinique all the beaches are topless and a couple even nude.