Dean, are we going to have to send you to your room???<G> Sally, as far as i know, the
dress code is that you need to wear a cover-up over your suit when you are away from the pool area. I don't think that their is a topless sunbathing deck.
I think that Carnival is the only cruise line that offers a topless deck. I have read many threads on the "thong". It all basically boils down to if you feel you want to wear it. For example there might be alot fo kids around the pool and the pools are close quarters so do you want to get up and have your rear in a kids face? On the other hand their is usually an all adult pool and I am sure that the guy sitting next to you would not mind at all!
o.k. I have to know this, but , a thong? comfortable? I know they can look great on a nice body, but are they really comfy? How does it feel when you know that everyone is staring at your bottom, because I garantee that at least 75% of the men of deck will be.... the other 25% are asleep and will kick themselves when they wake up and their buddy tells them what they missed
there is another whole board on speedos somewhere, I was just there today and that is just gross and not right. I do not want to see men, no matter how they are built in speedos. Now, on the other hand, if I was a woman that could wear a thong, I might think about it. But I am 44 and no one wants to see a 44 year old in a thong!!!!!!! Go for it 18 year olds!!!!!!!!!
I have a private pool, and I wear a pair of speedos to swim 600 yards every day. That is what speedos were designed for, swimming. My wife would NEVER let me wear them in public, so I wear boxer style swimming trunks aboard ship.
However, I do feel that speedos on men fall in the same category as teeny weeny bikinis on women. I confess that I would much rather see a lady in a bikini than a man in a speedo, and I don't want to see either in a thong. Isn't life unfair when men can go topless and women can't?
I would not wear that but that is me personally. I do feel though all should consider how THEY look. Nothing worse then a size 16 plus in a thong and YES I have seen that.
Also too in Matrinique-all the beaches were topless. We took one of those party boat cruises. On the boat with us was a very attractive 50plus women in a bikini-she looked GREAT and very youthful that is until we got off on the beach and she decided to go topless. MAJOR going south-she should have kept her top on-I had been so jealous of how attractive and slim she looked until I saw her topless.
Anyway MY POINt- we all want to be attractive as possible and sometimes this means wearing a little more. That is one GOOD thing about clothes-they can hide a multitude of imperfections.