Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What to do w/ my winter coat?

Got a good question! I'll be traveling in late Jan. boarding plane in Col. OH sure to be cold. But will be traveling to Miami. You can only have so much luggage, so what do I do with my heavy clothes that I would be wearing in Col. and what do you wear on a plane with such a sharp degree of weather change?

Carnival Victory
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: What to do w/ my winter coat?

PSM,
Just throw the jackets in the overhead storage place and take with you once you land, you'll need them for the trip back home.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 13th, 2003, 06:41 PM
First Mate

I also come from a cold climate and crusie durning the winter. I just layer clothing with a light jacket. It really is not warm enough to be outside for any period of time but it is just fine for the minuet from house to car or other transportation, then car to airport terminal. If driving to airport I will leave a heaver jacket in the car just to be warm after cruise when car will be fridget.
Old July 13th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: What to do w/ my winter coat?

Thank you Donna and Jedgar. Donna I got your message on the other site too. Thank you.
Pam M

Carnival Victory
Old July 14th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Andee Bram

I wear silk long underwear under my light weight pants and tops. I often get cold on planes, but take it off as soon as we hit the warm weather airport.

We usually stuff our jackets in the outside pocket of our suitcases when we check in our bags at our home airport.

I take sandals, a bathing suit, a clean shirt and some toiletries in my carry on. If my luggage doesn't get to my cabin before dinner, I'm a lot happier if I've been at the pool and can freshen up before dinner.