Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Joyce
Default Weight restrictions

We are flying out to join our cruise ship and I have forgotten what the average weight allowance for luggage is for coach class. I don't know which airline we will be flying on yet. I don't want to end up paying excess baggage fees. Hope you can help.
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Weight restrictions

Hi Joyce,
You'll have to check with the specific airline you are flying with, but these days most of them have a restriction of 50 pounds.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 19th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Weight restrictions

Also check to see the weight restrictions for carry-on. Lufthansa and SAS both have weight restrictions for carry-on.
Old August 16th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Pamala

Default Re: Re: Re: Weight restrictions

Most airline restrictions are as follows united,delta,northwest.. 50lbs domestic and 70lbs international.. You are allowed 2 checked bags per person and size of the bag cannot exceed 62 linear inches (height+width+depth) I know on united if a bag is oversized it is an $80.00 charge domestic and could be 150 international.. If a bag is overweight then the charge ranges from $25.00 50-99lbs on united each way.. i believe this is for delta too not sure...northwest starts at $25.00 50-70 then $50.00 70-99 i think... I work for united express so this is what i pretty much follow and advise people for traveling..Pretty much keep your bag under 62in and 50lbs and you wont have any problems....Also beware of the huge luggage that they sell in stores. measure it in the store if you have to, what samsonite etc.. dont tell you before you buy is that the bag iss to big for airline travel and it also takes up too much room on planes to were we have had to bump other passengers bags because of the size. And trust me you wouldn't want to be on the other end of your smaller bag getting bumped for someone else's huge bag......