Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Default packing beer/alcohol

just curious to know if i packed beer or a few bottles of booze in a checked luggage would they take it away from me?
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2003, 04:50 PM
dina

Default Re: packing beer/alcohol

I have cruised twice with Carnival, and both times wrapped up two bottles in my checked suitcase in bubble wrap, and never had a problem. I would make sure it was plasitic bottles, or bubble wrap it so you don't have a big fat mess if one of the bottles break. They really throw the luggage around. I would never put it in my carry on though, I have seen a couple people get their booze confiscated.
Old August 16th, 2003, 02:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Re: packing beer/alcohol

Honestly, no problem at all with checked luggage.

I pack a bottle (plastic) of gin and tonic water and have never had a spill.

I Think the bubble wrap is a good idea with beer -- I did have soda explode in one bag a couple years ago.

You can also buy those huge zip-lock bags and wrap in there for safe keeping, too.

Hope that helps.

Harry
Old August 17th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Passenger

thanks. i'll try to find my favorites in plastic bottles, if not, bubble wrap sounds good too. I definitley don't want any bottles to break.
Old August 19th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Admiral

May i make another suggestion? Buy it at your port of departure and pack it into your checked baggage, the airlines really throw your luggage around, and with the weight restrictions, you have to be careful. If you buy it before you board the cruise, packed in your checked baggage you will have no problems and less change of breakage
Old August 26th, 2003, 02:03 PM
hipines

HI
I drink scotch or whiskey, and I use a Listerine (plastic bottle). I have even gone as far as putting the plastic seal back around the top.
It looks just like Listerine.

The large bottle of Listerine holds quite a bit.
Old August 27th, 2003, 10:39 PM
perry

The little two OZ plastic bottles available at the liquer store are great . I took 25 of these on a trip to Tahiti with no problem but that was before 9/11 and they did'nt look too closely . They are handy to have on shore excursions and other times .