Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM
Default Girl Talk...Bikini Help?

OK... 15 days to go... and I have everything I need including two new bikinis!! Very cute ones at that. BUT UGH I hate my BIKINI LINE! I've done a traditional wax (not brazilian...I'm not that brave) and it was less painless than leg wax, but I am trying to stop spending on pre cruise in order to save more $ for during cruise. I hate shaving too. I heard that braun has a new bikini area shaver/clipper. Has anyone seen this, tried it, heard about it? I was thinking it might be a worthwile investment as it will last longer than a one time wax. Any advice...? Or maybe someone has some advice on making shaving less painful and making the redness go away. I have do daily maintenence. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2003, 02:07 PM
joto

Default Re: Girl Talk...Bikini Help?

Try Nair 3 in 1 , 4 minute lotion. It works well and has not got much of a smell. Also try Bikini Zone anti bump cream to minimise any bumps or irritation you may get.
Old August 17th, 2003, 08:40 PM
jamie gunter

Default Re: Re: Girl Talk...Bikini Help?

I bought a remington bikini shaver for $19.99. It does a pretty good job with no irritation. It gets close enough were no one is gonna notice. It comes with a adjustable guard. I bought mine at Sears, they have them at the remington store if you have one of those. Or just check out your local stores that carry that brand.

The Nair stuff doesnt work well for me, you dont want your skin irritated on a cruise.
Old August 18th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Passenger

I also bought the Remington bikini shaver, and i LOVE it. Not only was it cheaply priced, it did the trick with little effort, and pain. Although, you do need to keep up with it almost every day it is well worth the $20 I paid for it in Target. Yeah, all those Nair lotions and gels, don't work well for me either.
Old August 18th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM
Default Re: Re: Girl Talk...Bikini Help?

My boyfreind checked at our target today and it is $40 here ... I live near a city. I'll check around online and see if I can get it for less. Thanks for the suggestion. I am very interested in the remmington shaver!
Old August 19th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to BambiRumsey Send a message via MSN to BambiRumsey
Default Re: Re: Re: Girl Talk...Bikini Help?

Before vacations (like the DAY before) I will typically Nair and then shave to get absoultely every possible hair gone. I finding nairing and then shaving and then touching up with a good sharp razor (chagning a blade on teh venus every other day if nec) does the trick to keep me silky smooth all cruise long!
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Girl Talk...Bikini Help?

i have had really good results with the Venus razor. If you shave with very warm water, a good shave cream and follow up with Aloe gel you will minimize bumps and redness a lot, . HINT:for a really close shave, shave at the end of the day when your hair follicles have been open all day, you will get closer this way.
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:40 AM
Passenger

I'm a waxer. ... and I do it myself. I get the no heat wax and it takes me about 30 min to get the results that I want. The kit is about $6.00 and you can get it at Walmart; Walgreens, etc. I love it! I have very sensitive skin and any kind of shaving irritates me. I'd never pay to have my bikini area waxed, to embarassed.
Old August 23rd, 2003, 11:21 PM
Gal

Avon has a hair removal cream, its $8-- works good
Nair $4 @ Wallyworld works just as good but the smell is a lot stronger

Also, there is stuff that you can buy online, or at "adult parties" called Koochie Kreme or Smooth Shavers, if you loofah (good) before shaving, no bumps, no strong smell, and reduces hair growth. At least that has been my luck with it and other people that I know that uses it!

Have a great time!
Old September 11th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wax nothing last as long, so you don't have to touch up mid cruise, I do my own too, saves lots of money.
Old October 5th, 2003, 09:56 PM
tigercat

I use a Remington epilator. It is great. I can do a bikini line, my underarms, my face and my legs and everything is so smooth. It lasts for several days depending on the area. Some of my legs don't have any hair anymore. I can't shave as it irritates my skin too much and waxing was not great on the underarms and the face seemed to need someone else to do it but the epilator I can do myself.
tigercat
Old October 6th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Gal1974 Send a message via MSN to Gal1974

Gosh, Tiger, how many legs do you have?

Does the epilator remove from the root?
Old October 6th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Gal has a good question. How many legs do you have? "some of my legs"
Old October 8th, 2003, 09:33 AM
n2hairstylz

I found electrolosis is the ony way to go.After a few treatments,the hair will be discouraged from growing.
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:27 PM
tigercat

Sorry just found this post again. You're right. What a post. Actually I have several depending on where I am at the moment.......... I have 2 legs. And yes it removes to the root. I used to use an Epilady but have found the remington to be much better. It is easier to use, and doesn't hurt.
tigercat
Old November 20th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Passenger

I am in love with my Emjoi. It's a tweezing epilator, not all that painful, avail at Sharper Image, or my favorite, eBay.
Old November 30th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Gal1974 Send a message via MSN to Gal1974

I got this idea from another board...... someone suggested using Visine (even if I can't spell it) on right after shaving. I haven't tried it yet but what could it hurt????

Carnival Celebration for my 30th birthday!!!!
Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't think you can go wrong with a wax. Start saving the money after the cruise and get one last good one for your trip and then enjoy !!