CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   TravelSmith...does anyone buy their clothes? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/294084-travelsmith-does-anyone-buy-their-clothes.html)

cathy August 20th, 2003 04:18 PM

TravelSmith...does anyone buy their clothes?

Has anyone bought from them and are you satisfied?

I just received Travel Smith's catalog and although the clothes are little expensive, I was wondering if they are even worth the money.

I do a lot of cruising to the Caribbean and also some land trips and like the idea of lightweight, wrinkle-free clothing. Right now, I try and buy things that don't wrinkle, but they are not always light-weight.

I thought if you can get a wardrobe going with this type of clothing, it will take the stress out of travelling and I they claim the clothing takes up alot less space in your suitcase.

Would love to know if anyone likes their clothing and why?

goldenlilac August 20th, 2003 04:57 PM

Re: TravelSmith...does anyone buy their clothes?

Hi,

I bought a few knit type shirts for my husband from Travelsmith and he loves them. They really do NOT wrinkle! I haven't bought anything for myself from them, but now that you brought it up, I may just meander to their website and have a look around.

The clothes are expensive, but well worth it, IMO. Very well made and lots of nice neutral colors to co-ordinate with. Have fun shopping!

Nanatravel August 21st, 2003 09:14 AM

I was fortunate a few years ago to be able to purchse Travelsmith clothes directly from the Manufacturer (who has subsequently gone out of business). I have a black pair of chino slacks which are marvelous. They have the hidden zipper pocket for safety. I just returned from a work assignment and they never wrinkled in the suitcase, when I wore them, etc. I also have a wheat knit 2 pc. skirt suit, that I like very much. A few basics can really add to your wardrobe. My problem is I like Color and you don't find much tropical colors accept in shirts.
Bon voyage

dusty August 21st, 2003 12:59 PM

cathy

i have gotten a few peices from them and really like them.

go to their web site www.travelsmith.com and check out their sales and closeouts. they have some really good buys. another great place to buy good clothes that i just love is lands end. they have great sales and wonderful buys. i got a wonderful fleece coat for $15 on sale. i just love it and wear it in the winter time. i hope this helps.

Set4cruz August 25th, 2003 05:12 PM

Hi Cathy,

I bought their basic black dress and a pair of black slacks (black goes with everything), and I stand by their clothing. They are very comfortable, no wrinkles and they wash wonderfully (machine wash). Go ahead, it is worth spending a few extra bucks, because, if you remember that old saying, "You get what you pay for".

Splurge a little!