Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Super Steph

Default slacks to dinner?

Hi,
I am about to embark on my first cruise in less than 14 days. I am not big on wearing dresses, although I did get a cocktail dress for formal night. Is it acceptable to wear slacks to dinner on non-formal nights? I am wearing a nice spahghetti-strap top, and strappy high-heels. Any advice would be great. BTW, I am going on Carnival Celebration.
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: slacks to dinner?

Steph sounds just fine to me ... seen women in slacks many times, and the top dresses it up.

Some women complain about the A/C in the dining room, so the only thing you may wish to add is some kinda sweater or cover if you get chilled.

Harry
Old August 25th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: slacks to dinner?

Steph as long as the slacks are of a dressy cut and material you will be just fine. If you want to jazz it up a bit, try to find a sparkly lariat necklace(costume)& matching earings in the same color as your top. You could also get a sheer blouse to wear over your spaghetti strapped top, or a sparkley jacket would be to die for. It can get chilly in the dining rooms, i always have a wrap with me if i am wearing anything open or without sleeves.
Old August 25th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Gal

Default Re: Re: Re: slacks to dinner?

Hey Steph, would love to hear a review of your cruise. I am going on the Celebration in January.

Have a great time!
Old August 25th, 2003, 10:28 PM
char Hempler

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: slacks to dinner?

Hi, Celebration is one of my favorite ships from Carnival. You will have a wonderful time on her. Your outfit sounds great. Have fun! Happy cruising...... Char