Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Middle Age Mom

Default denim question

We are crusing the Western Carribbean next month and I have a denim question. I have read on several post that Jeans or not to be worn for casual night dinners on cruises. I have a very pretty embellished denim pantsuit, recently purchased, that's begging to be worn again. Are these considered to be Jean? PLEASE SIMPLIFY JEANS!
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: denim question

i think that your pantsuit will be just fine, especially on a casual night. The no-jeans policy is for those who would consider attending a fine restaurant looking like they just left the job-site and were running into McDonalds ( for lack of a better analogy) . What the cruise lines really don't want (imo) are torn, worn, rattly, faded jeans with t-shirts in the main dining room. I really don't see anything wrong with a nice pair of clean, crisp jeans and a nice jersey polo type top with sandals or casual shoes for casual night.
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Yeoman

middle age mom

your jean outfit sounds lovely. i have a jean skirt that is embellished also with a nice plain denim shirt that i am going to wear at casual night myself in alaska. it looks very nice, its stylish and i cant wait to wear it. enjoy wearing yours and have a great time.

dusty
Old August 29th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Middle Age Mom

Default Re: Re: denim question

Thanks for the advice. I think the outfit will go well, myself. It's white stretch denim with a matching jacket. I wore a gold camisole and a gold chain belt when I wore the outfit before. It really isn't my normal style. But I think I looked "pretty decent" in it. I am more of a suit wearer. I purchased the outfit for a DENIM THEME occasion and spent a bundle and thought it would look good on our cruise at some point.
Old August 30th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Yeoman

Some cruises have Western night. You would be all set for either the casual night or western night. Wear it in good health.
Old August 30th, 2003, 07:33 PM
middle age mom

Default Re: Re: denim question

THANK YOU!