Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Default Casual Attire

I was able to get some copies of the Glory Capers. It states for the first night that the attire is casual since it's possible everyone will not have their luggage. Does this mean blue jeans are appropriate and/or acceptable?
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2003, 08:55 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Casual Attire

What ever you wear to board the ship in is appropriate. Unless you wore you bathinig suite then you might need some clothes. I saw a couple in wedding gown and tux the first night. That is what they wore on the plane and that's what they kept on that day. Go figure.
Old November 5th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Admiral

i don't see a problem wearing jeans first night, especially on Carnival, they tend to be a bit more relaxed when it comes to the dress code. Shorts are even allowed in the dining room first night, some folks just don't get their luggage in time.
Old November 5th, 2003, 12:52 PM
jamie gunter

If you are sailing Carnival, they allow jeans in dining room every night except Formal nights. And you may not get luggage till later, so you can wear what you have on. We have always been lucky and got our luggage in time to dress for dinner.
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Wow!! I didn't realize you could wear jeans every night. The last time we cruised Carnival (1996) we didn't see anyone with jeans on any of the nights. I thought I read somewhere that they required dress casual. If we were to wear jeans every night except, of course formal nights, would be look out of place? If not, we might just forgo dress slacks for hubby and skirts for me and do jeans. Thanks for your help!!
Old November 6th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Carnival (unfortuantely IMHO) does not adhere to the dress code recommendations. You will see every level of dress for evening activities: jeans, casual on formal nights, shorts in the evening in the dining room, etc. Please keep in mind, I don't let this affect my cruise. I like to dress up. We also enjoy our cruises on all cruise lines.
Bon voyage
Old November 6th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Admiral

let me put it to you this way, Carnival doesn't encourge wearing jeans in the dining room on casual nights, then again they don't discourage it either. Get my drift? For me, personally i find jeans just too hot and heavy in the Caribbean, i like to wear lighter fabrics and colors, our wardrobe consists of Dockers type pants, polo and hawaiian shirts with boat shoes for hubby for casual wear, and i go for sundressess w/flat sandals and a sweater, dockers type pants w/polo shirt or capris with a sleeveless sweater for casual wear.