Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default pop & water packing ?

I know this question has been asked but, how can I take some bottled water and maybe a 24 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper on board? We are mainly iced-tea drinkers does Carnival Victory carry Equal or should I pack that too? I was thinking of an extra small suitcase or should we just put it in a carry on and purchase the items in Miami when we land?
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:48 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: pop & water packing ?

I certainly wouldn't want to carry a heavy 24-pack of pop just to save a few bucks, despite my normally frugal nature. I actually know a man who tried this very thing. He put the case of pop in his luggage, which also had most of their clothes. With the change in pressure on the airplane, the cans burst, got pop all over their clothes, and the dry cleaning and laundry costs made the whole mess absolutely not worth it! I've heard others suggest taking an empty water bottle, then fill it up on the ship before going ashore. I don't know about Carnival, but Holland had both Equal and Sweet & Low available everywhere.
Old December 4th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Admiral

i have found that the ships water that comes from the tap is just as good as or sometimes better than the pricey bottled water. Bring or buy a sports drinking bottle with you, fill it up and keep it cold in the fridge in your cabin (if you have one) or ask for ice and put it in the sink. If you totally cannot do without your Dr. Pepper for the entire cruise, then i would buy it at port and try to carry it on with you, they might let you bring it aboard or they might not depends upon security. Usually if its something that the ship does not carry they will allow it. If you don't mind drinking what the ship has to offer for soda then you should buy the soda card for unlimited soft drinks. You should have no problem finding Equal or Sweet & Low on board.
Old December 5th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: pop & water packing ?

We always carry a 12 pack of caffene free diet Pepsi on board, since it not available on any ship we have cruised. I believe all cruise lines permit you to bring soda. There is no need to bring bottled water, since the ship's water is pure. Conisder that it is used to make ice for all the drinks and is used in the tea and coffee.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 04:56 PM
cruisin

We just returned from our cruise and we took some Diet Mtn Dew with us and were glad we did. We only went through 6 or 7 cans but it was nice to have without paying 2 dollars a can. We just put it in the end pockets of our luggage, worked out fine. Our room steward put a new can in our ice bucket and covered it for us every time he cleaned our room so we would always have a cold one. Carnival only has Coke products so if you like anything else it would be good to bring it along.