Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2003, 08:27 AM
dee-lynn

Default packing for 11 day cruise

We are going on a 11 day cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas in March. From what i have read, there are not any laundry facilities aboard. I have noticed that they do have drycleaning services but it seems rather absurd to send undies and t-shirts to be dry cleaned. I am interested in knowing how to get around this situation. Does one pack more or do you wash items in your cabin? I am interested in how people dealt with this situation
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: packing for 11 day cruise

you have a few options. If the ship does not have a self-service laundry they might have a laundry service - not just dry cleaning, check your daily cruise newsletter when onboard for laundry specials they sometimes run a flat-rate special for an entire bundle of laundry that is inexpensive. You could wash out your delicates in the sink in the bathroom and then hang them in the shower. Socks are another matter, i would pack enough for the entire trip( put them in a Ziploc type bag and squish all the air out of the bag) takes up a lot less space this way. Last option - YUCK find a laundromat at one of the ports midway thru your cruise and do a load or two.
Old December 4th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Lisa hit all the head. The laundry special is usually $15 for all that you can put in a bag, so you have that option, too.

Harry
Old December 5th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Passenger

Also try to double up on some of your clothes. For example - on casual nights the top worn can easily be used another day for ship or shore wear. Shorts or slacks can certainly be worn more than once. I always take at least two tops for each pair of shorts, slacks or skirt. For formal nights one long black skirt with several fancy tops works well. We learned when we started packing for two or three or more weeks at a time. Especially if part of the time is pre or post cruise land time. You can only lug about so much and RCI and Celebrity don't make it easy by not having laundry facilities.