Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 02:29 PM
racher

Default stressing about dressing

My husband and I are the least formal people around.We dress casual(jeans moslty).I wear skorts in summer and he wears khakis.Will we be alright on Fantasy?We have already decided against the formal evening..........we will be in port that day so we plan on touring anyway.Please reassure a stressed out first timer from rural Manitoba...down on the farm!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2004, 04:16 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: stressing about dressing

racher,
You have decided not to go to the formal night, so that cuts that out. As far as I am concerned and this is only my opinion. Dresses or pretty pants suits are fitting for dinner. Dockers and a nice shirt or sports jacket is fitting for men. Jeans are in no way appropriate. Nor are shorts. If you feel uncomfortable about dressing for dinner, then eat upstairs at the buffett. But I love to dress up and this is really one of the things I am looking so foward to. But dinner is that, dinner. Served with class and style. You should dress nice for dinner, like at a wedding. You can always dress up for dinner then go back to your cabin and change into something more casual.

Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old February 18th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: stressing about dressing

As long as your husband wears his dockers and a collared shirt, he'll be fine for all but the formal night. Shorts and t-shirts aren't allowed in the dining room at night (although you'll see them......). I would think that "skorts" are in the same category as shorts, but I guess that's a judgment call. Eating in the dining room is a special treat, so make yourself dress up enough to go there at least for a couple of nights.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04