CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   packmates (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/294257-packmates.html)

claudia March 3rd, 2004 01:49 PM

packmates

Packmates aren't really that expensive. And they are WELL WORTH IT! We went to China last year to adopt our youngest daughter. We knew we would be shopping like crazy, but stuill needed to bring enought clothes with us for 3 different climates.

I ended up packing everything in the suitcases and then used the packmates only for dirty clothes. That way we had atleast 1/2 of each suitcase for purchases since the original full size clothes had been squished down to nothing!

I plan to do the same thing on our cruise! I also can sort dirty clothes by color and they they are already to be tossed in the washer when we get home!

I don't agree that ziplocks are the same. They are way to small and they are not as tough as packmates! You can find deals online all the time!

Claudia

cruisequeen March 3rd, 2004 03:07 PM

Re: packmates

I'm assuming you mean the the "space Bag"? That's what we have. YOu put your clothes into it and roll out the air? They are great! I can back at least double what I could before. And hardly any wrinkles. I love them.

cruise4fun March 3rd, 2004 03:24 PM

Those are what I was looking at on QVC. I think they had 9 bags for under $20. I will have to order some. I hate putting dirty clothes with clean clothes.

jlynd53 March 4th, 2004 10:33 AM

We use the extra large ziplock bags and love them. They are 2.5 or 3 gallons - I can't remember for sure and they are made by Hefty. We got ours at Target for a couple of dollars. They work great and are much cheaper!

LisaK March 4th, 2004 01:06 PM

gallon sized ziplocs are great for socks & underwear.

phillygirl March 4th, 2004 03:00 PM

But can you really get the air out of the bags just like you could with packmates? I don't have a lot of luggage so space is very limited with a family of four packing for a 7 night cruise.

Cindy B March 5th, 2004 11:07 AM

Has anyone used the bags that require taking out the air with the vacuum. Would housekeeping let me use theirs for the return packing??

jlynd53 March 5th, 2004 01:04 PM

I have no trouble getting the air out of the zip locks. I just sit on them while I zip them closed. Works great!

mypugbuddy March 11th, 2004 09:01 AM

Cool ideas. I would never have thought of it. I know what I will be looking for.

Tammy

Cindy B March 12th, 2004 08:02 AM

I got space bags yesterday. Had to put them to the test . I put a ladies size down parka, it got small enough to be put in a purse!!! Can't wait to start packing for alaska.

can't wait March 12th, 2004 09:46 AM

I alway un pack a suitcae right way when on vacation that way as we use our cloths we put all of the dirty clothes together to bring right down stairs to the laudry when we get home