Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Passenger

Default what not to pack

Is there a website or list somewhere of what not to pack?? We have been on several cruises and have traveled but sadly have not traveled anywhere involving customs and luggage inspections since 9/11 ( most of our travel has been camping around the US since then) We are looking forward to this trip and are trying to organize our luggage.

Jano
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2004, 02:38 AM
First Mate

Default Re: what not to pack

Sorry but don't know of any website but I can make a few suggestions I hope u will find helpful. Pack all sharp objects (sizzs., knives, nail files even etc) in checked luggage (if u aren't sure about it put it into the checked luggage) and all together as much as possible . Easier to reach for inspection if necess. and less disruption to your stuff in your suitcase....The airlines are inspecting a lot these days so plse DO NOT LOCK THE CASE - the locks will be broken open or off or confiscated if they can't get into it. Last air trip in Jan took 3 bags and they were all inspectd and we carry very little to interest anyone - we knew 'cause they left a note in each saying so and a plastic lock on as well that had to be cut off. Yah I know, a 'pain', but blame the terrorists!. Pack all booze, heavily wrapped to prevent breakage, never opened & only in checked luggage. Do not carry aerosal cans, flamable stuff or weapons. Duct tape only in checked baggage (they might consider it is to be used to bind up people...), small tools like pliers, rock hammers, etc. again only in checked luggage. Save your carryon for change of clothes, cosmetics, book , medicines, glasses, maybe a few pops or beers, along with personal papers, tickets, copies of prescriptions & passport and especially - any and all valuables - jewellery, camera, binocs etc. This should make things a bit easier. Happy cruisin'!!
Old March 18th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: what not to pack

Thanks for the help. I forgot about the aerosol cans I have a small can of static guard I better put in my checked luggage I would have automaticall put it in my carry on.
Jano