Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:34 PM
kbleist

Default formal night question

I have a friend who has never cruised before, and I have a question from her regarding formal nights. I'm going on my second cruise in 33 days (YAY! YAY! YAY! Happy, happy, joy, joy, joy!) Oh! Sorry. I got side-trakced...

I don't mind dressing up for formal nights, although I'm basically a blue jeans and sweatshirt kind of gal for the most part. My friend, however, hates to dress up. I thought I remembered reading something about some cruises that skip the formal nights altogether. Are there really cruises like this? If so, which cruise line(s). My friend is thinking about celebrating her 20th anniversary with a cruise, but I could see her doing something else if she has to worry about dressing up 2 nights out of 7.
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Re: formal night question

all of the major cruise lines have options if you don't want to ge dressed up. Most would be the buffet or the option to order from room service. NCL with their "Free Style" Dining has special areas set-up in some of the restaurants for folks who don't want to get dressed up on formal night.
Formal night is great fun, don't let the idea of getting dressed up discourage your friend from cruising. Its not that big of a deal - a really nice dress, or dressy pants- heels, jewlery and some make-up is all it truly takes.