Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 07:01 PM
cruzin4abruzin

Default Clothes for Keywest, Cozumel, and the ship

Hi All,

We are traveling to on the Imagination on a four day cruise on March 25th. My wife wants to pack tank tops for the boys to wear while in Key West and Cozumel. I myslef have laid out smart outfits with a layered look for dinner and while on land.

Can anyone tell me if it will be to warm for pants colored shirts and a polo shirts while in Key West and Cozumel this time of year? Will I need a light jacket on the ship at night time?

Also, will my boys be cold in tank tops?

I asume I will be okay on the ship.

Thanks!
Dana
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Clothes for Keywest, Cozumel, and the ship

Hi Dana,
During the days the tank tops should be fine, it will be warm, don't forget to pack the sunscreen too. The evenings can be chilly if its especially windy out on deck and also sometimes the dining room can be chilly, so may-be some long sleeve shirts for dinner. I always pack a sweater too, just in case I'm chilly in the dining room or outside after the sun has set.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 19th, 2004, 09:49 AM
jamiegunter

It should be warm, we sailed in Feb last year to cozumel and we were hot! My friends are sailing on the same ship and date as you. We did the Imagination two years ago and had a blast, hope your cruise is wonderful
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Dana during the day you might be too hot in pants and a shirt. Shorts are the order of the day. I always pack 50/50 tanks & t-shirts(jerseys) for the day. For the evenings nice pants and a polo type jersey would be fine for you and the boys. I would pack a lightweight sweater or jacket - it can get cool on deck at night when that sea breeze kicks in.
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Yeoman

Think hot and humid! Key West and Cozumel are very laid back. Shorts and tees are fine. Second a light jacket for night on the ship. The dining room and decks can get cool (especially if sunburned).

Alison

several on American Hawaii, Carnival, Holland America, Princess
12/02 Enchantment
12/03 Navigator
12/04 Mariner
Old March 31st, 2004, 04:56 PM
Beginner

Just got back March 22,2004
You will not want to come home.
Weather is SUMMER there
You will enjoy it
tanks & shorts the right clothes to wear
Have fun and do you need a sitter?
Old April 15th, 2004, 06:52 AM
minpa

I did not realize this until recently but www.weather.com gives up to 10 day forcasts for places outside the US (example: Belize, Nassau, Cozumel, and of course Key West). Just type in the city name and you will get a list to select from. Gives you current weather as well as 10 days.

Hope this helped.