Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2004, 07:57 PM
Seebee

Default Power strips???

I feel so dumb but by power strips do you mean a strip like a surge suppressor? Why would I need this. Cabins aren't that big so adding all these xtras sound like they'll take up a lot of room. i/e night lights, duct tape, post-its, walkie-talkies, etc. I barely have room for the much too many clothes I always take.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:52 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: Power strips???

Hi,
Dump the walkie-talkies, unless you have kids. I didn't use nor need a power strip, duct tape wasn't needed and a night light, I didn't use that either but i had a balcony room. YOu can always leave the bathroom light on and close the door. One thing I took and I was glad was a small alarm clock, I like knowing what time it is at night.

But take what you think you will use.

The power strip is for the cameras(had plenty to plug the charger in), laptops(DIdn't bring mine), phone batteries(I shut mine off).
Duct tape- if as many people bring it as they say, just stand in the hall way and ask someone for it if you need some, they probably will be glad to use it since they brought it!
Have fun!

Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM
First Mate

I have cruised 28 times. Don't want to sound stupid, but what on earth would I need duct tape for?
Sea Angel
Old April 3rd, 2004, 12:01 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61

There was a whole big string on here a while ago about duct tape. I think it was for those emergencies, luggage break, shoe falter, someone even mentioned taping there dress when the zipper broke.
I didn't bring any nor need any.

Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old April 3rd, 2004, 05:56 AM
Sunshine427

Dumb questions, but do they allow you to bring a Power Strip on the ship???
Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:33 AM
Admiral

I always take a small power strip. Have one with 4 outlets and I use it because I like to do my hair at the desk and I use both a dryer and a curling brush sometimes. It makes it more convenient than having to wait till I finish with the dryer to plug in the iron.

BTW have never taken duct tape on a cruise except once when I knew I was gonna build a ship for a contest. Then it is a great thing to have.

Join us for the Glorious Victorious Thanksgiving Cruisemates Cruise on November 21, 2004. Great rates and lots of fun! Click on the link for all the details.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ictory2004.cfm

Post Edited (04-03-04 07:35)

Carnival Glory
Old April 7th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Power strips???

We took a clock/ radio but did'nt need it because the VCR in the suite had the time on it and I could call and have a wake up call preset on the phone..
We took a big roll of duct tape and used it all , mostly to seal the door where the whistling sound was coming from while cruising at night.Did'nt whistle during the day for some reason.Also used it to patch a garment bag.
Used the power strip but could have done without it.
Took more clothes than we needed but will probably do the same the next time.SHE took wayy too many shoes, but we were upgraded to a suite(cat 11) and had plenty of storage
We also found that we could have bought a lot of the items onboard the ship for equal or less than what we paid here at walmart. We carried on a bottle of liquor(Crown Royal) to find out that it was about 25% cheaper in the gift shop.
We carried a steamer on with us and did'nt need it-The clothes that mattered were fine.
The only thing I would carry more of next time would be cash for shopping in cozumel.

Sailing the Conquest