Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Passenger

Default Bahamas, what to pack?

We're only going on a 4 day cruise but we'll also be in Orlando for a few days, what should we all pack for the Bahamas weather in late July? Thanks.

Old April 30th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Bahamas, what to pack?

I don't know where you are coming from but Orlando and the Bahamas are very hot in July. The temps can reach 100 degrees. That should tell you what you need to know.

The Big Red Boat 1990
Imagination 2000
Holiday 2004
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:28 AM
Passenger

HOT and WET! Yes, I know this may start a flurry of Humidity vs Dry Heat postings but...I'm from California and went to Orlando/Cruised in mid October-I nearly died from the humidity! This compounded by the fact that I am mandated as a card carrying holder of the redhead/fair skinned to wear some form of skin protecting clothing induced me to plan our subsequent trip in January!

Seriously, take clothes that breathe, if it's tie-dyed wash it a million times prior to leaving (or you will end up with kids that resemble easter eggs), and consider a hair style that does not require a curling iron or styling products (the curls melt and hair products as does makeup, will simply slide right out).

Invest in some KEEP COOL or MIGRANE ICE patches-both are adhesive strip that can be worn on your neck to help manage the heat-they work well beneath clothing too (I use them routinly for Community Theatre Productions beneath my costumes).

Cruise the DIZ boards for more information-these are true Floida-holics who can give you advise on what to bring for anytime of the year!

Stay cool, stay safe (wear that sunscreen!) and have fun. happy cruising!
Old May 21st, 2004, 07:15 AM
Admiral

think lightweight breezy, flowing fabrics, linen, cotton & silk.