Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2004, 02:57 PM
clo

Default Containers that don't leak

I've used ziplok bags for years and I love them but would like to take the question a litle further. I like to bring my own shampoo and conditioner but don't want to bring the big home-sized bottles. I've used the bottles that have the "flip up, flip down" little thingy (these are technical terms!) but they tend to leak. The straight screw top work better but it takes a lot of shaking to get the products to come out. We travel alot and I'm still in search of the perfect container. I still put all those items in a zipping bag but would rather not have quite so much mess. Any suggestions? BTW, I save old "free gift with purchase" containers of skin care products. They're smaller than what I buy and also generally made of plastic so they're lighter. I just spoon out of the big jar in these smaller ones. That works great. But not a solution for runny items like shampoo. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2004, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Containers that don't leak

Sure wish I could help you. Definitely prefer the screw on caps but as you say even they leak. I also carry baby oil and finding something to put that in that doesn't leak is just about impossible. Gonna try the baby oil gel this time and see if that works better.

Carnival Glory
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:30 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

I purchased small size bottles of Scope mouthwash. I believe they hold 8-10 ounces. I dumped out the mouthwash and used those bottles for shampoo and conditioner.
I know it sounds wasteful to just throw out the mouthwash, but it doesn't cost any more than purchasing the travel containers. (You could transfer the mouthwash to a tupperware container, or something similiar, if you don't want to waste it.) You can't find them everywhere. I bought mine at Savon. Its got a screw-on top, but its childproof...the kind where you have to squeeze the lid for the first twist. I have been using them for years and I have yet to have anything leak out of them.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
Admiral

put the bottles upside down on the shelf in the shower????