Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2004, 07:52 PM
cruisinKandJ.

Default Ensemble Outfits

Ladies, have any of you bought ensembles or wardrobers, like matching ir coordinating pants, jackets, tops? I see them in the Nordstrom catalogs all the tiI wouldn't get really bored with this stuff after a week.

J.
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:57 AM
gerif

Default Re: Ensemble Outfits

Yes, I've got several of these outfits and find them great for travel. I'm a QVC junkie and pretty much live in their clothes. Whenever they have "wardrober" type sets, I always buy as many pieces as possible.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 06:14 PM
cruiseprincess0162

Also try chicos. My om loves it and they have a special travelers collection and they fold very nice and dont get wrinkeled.
Have fun and good luck!
Jenna
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Admiral

I think they would be fine for traveling. My personal preference is to separates that i can mix and match.
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ensembles are great for traveling whether for a weekend or a week. The Tencel ones from Nordstoms are really comfortable. I wear the long jumper with a jacket on long cross country or oversea flights. It's a lot more comfortable than pants. With a change a different blouse its dressy enough with appropriate jewlery for the non-formal dinners. The pants with the jacket also work for dinner.

I have ensembles in three basic colors - Black for Europe, Navy/denum for Alaska and Turquoise for Mexico or the Caribbean. I've even found blouses and dresses in patteren fabric that can be work with the jackets, jumpers and pants.

By traveling with a color scheme means that you only have to take 1 purse for day and pack another for evening and only casual, walking & dress shoes.

The other advantage of using ensembles means I can pack in less than 30 minutes and when a friend had to cancel her trip 3 days before she was set to sail, I was able to go in her place.
Old June 11th, 2004, 06:38 AM
First Mate

I have to agree with California Cruiser. By keepiing with basic color choices it's much easier to pack with less to bring.

I love my capri pants for the Caribbean, much better than shorts. Even white is fine, just bring a Clorox bleach pen in case of stains.

Black is my staple, I can mix so much with it.

Now if I can just not bring so many shoes, but I'm working on that. White, tan and black seem to work great.

I'm going to Canada/New England in October, so it's a whole different wardrobe up there, but jeans and dark colors will work fine.

I'm glad I don't have work clothes to worry about anymore, not it's just cruise wear. Life couldn't be better!

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old June 12th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

I also have several of these types of outfits and love them both as cruise wear and for everyday wear at the office. As someone else mentioned, mine are in one basic color and then I add a few additional pieces in a coordinating print of color. I don't have to pack as much, particularly shoes and accessories and can still vary my look each day so that it doesn't feel like "the same old thing". A lot of these types of outfits are also in knit fabic making them easy to pack without worrying about wrinkles. I certainly like that as I would rather be spending my time having fun on a cruise rather than pressing what I am going to wear.