Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 4 night Fascination/Formal night?

Have read some reviews that this cruise is a drunken party fest. Does anyone know if they have a formal night on the 4 night cruise from Miami stopping in Key West and Cozumel? I would hate to bring my tux if it would not be needed.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2004, 07:43 PM
sls

Default Re: 4 night Fascination/Formal night?

Yes there is one formal night on the Facination. Is it still going to Key West or has it been effected by the pier upgrades?

sls
Old June 18th, 2004, 09:22 PM
tazee

i was on the fascination last december. formal night was the second night on board.yes, there were a few drunks but mostly in the bars. it was a wonderful cruise. have fun!!!!!!

conquest september o4
fascination december 03
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

I read a news release that advised that the Fascination would skip Key West every other week. I'm booked on the cruise leaving 09/06....Looking at the itinerary on Carnival's site, the 08/31 and 09/13 cruises skip Key West. They also dock for a longer time in Cozumel. The 09/06 and 09/20 sail dates are unaffected.

I grew up in South Florida and have been to the Keys, so I don't mind either way. Thanks for the info above!

Old June 21st, 2004, 12:58 PM
Admiral

you will have one formal night. Eventhough i love a man in a tux, you might feel slightly over-dressed on a 4 night Carnival cruise in your tux -imo.
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the input Lisa K......That's what I'm afraid of.....I may bring it, then wait and see how others are dressed. I guess I'll just have a little less room in my luggage for souveneirs.
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yeoman

Even on the upscale lines (other than QE2 or Q.M.) you won't see many men in tuxedos. Most opt for a suit! Short cruises are typically very informal.
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

I was on Fascination in January- few guys bothered with the tux. My husband brought a nice sport jacket and that was fine.
Old September 18th, 2004, 03:19 PM
slinkiecat

Gee, I sure hope you're wrong! We are booked for a three-day next month to Nassau, and DH will probably opt for a dark suit and tie, while I will wear one of my long dresses. I have to look at the photos from our last cruise of two years ago to see which outfit I don't have my picture in.

A drunken party would not be pleasant for us. No wonder nobody answers the roll calls on another site when we post it - They may be embarrassed to admit they're on the cruise.

We saw many men in tuxedos on the Celebrity ship, and DH will probably wear one part of the time on our HAL Prinsendam cruise in January.

Anybody else going on the Fascination October 15?

Slinkie

Old September 18th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Passenger

It would be sad if it were indeed a drunken fest, plus it is fun getting all dressed up and taking photos... I do look forward to enjoying formal nights.