CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   What to wear on Mexican Cruise in December (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/294421-what-wear-mexican-cruise-december.html)

sirena June 26th, 2004 02:26 PM

What to wear on Mexican Cruise in December

Please help! I have the formal nights down, but am wondering what to wear during the days and evenings on non-formal days during an 8 day mexican cruise.

sls June 26th, 2004 06:25 PM

Re: What to wear on Mexican Cruise in December

What cruiseline/ship are you going on?

sls

sirena June 26th, 2004 06:57 PM

Re: Re: What to wear on Mexican Cruise in December

Our cruiseship will be the Norweigan Star going to the Mexican Riviera from los Angeles on December 23rd. I appreciate any input! Thank you so much!

sls June 26th, 2004 09:59 PM

Recently I've only been on carnival. You can wear anything during the day, cover ups are needed over bathing suits. Shorts are okay for the daytime in the dining room. At non formal dinners I always wore sun dresses because they were roomy enough if I over indulged. It's frowned upon to wear tshirts and jeans in the dining room. So capris, light weight pants, skirts all will do.

sls

Destiny 12/2004
Sensation 5/2004
Holiday 1/2004
Conquest 11/2003

sirena June 27th, 2004 12:49 PM

Thanks so much for your advice! Have you been on a Cruise during the winter? Is it cold down in Mexico? I know San Diego can be quite windy and chilly and I wonder if the pacific cruise to Acapulco is the same?

CeeCee July 8th, 2004 04:27 PM

Sirena, I'm taking the same cruise you are (NCL 8 day to Mexico), however, I'm going on September 26. According to the book my TA sent to us for this cruise, in December you can expect a low of 65 degrees and a high of 88, so still relatively warm. Hope this helps. (info found on pg. 57 of the NCL Freestyle Mexican Riveria 2004-2005)

vclst July 12th, 2004 12:33 AM

Sirena,

The weather the first day will be fairly close to LA, but will get progressively warmer as the ship heads south. The weather all three times I have done this cruise has been sunny and warm while in the ports. I find that anything you might wear to go out for a weekend on land is appropriate, I usually wear khakis or shorts and comfortable shoes. I see women in anything from shorts to pants to dresses or skirts. I am getting off the ship the day you get on. Enjoy your first (but, hopefully not your last) cruise!!!

Bill

sirena July 13th, 2004 10:31 PM

Cee Cee - thanks for the input! Being the first cruise on a large ship, I am already making lists and planning what to pack, not to mention worrying... :-) but angels like you help so much!

sirena July 13th, 2004 10:33 PM

Bill, thanks for the tip on the weather, which was concerning me - now I know how to plan the outfits according to warmer to coolest. You too are an angel and I appreciate your help so much. I am too excited! Can't wait to sail!!!