Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Patdor

Default Duct Tape & Power Strips & Night Lights, OH MY

Hi Mates.

Just returned from 7 day Infinity Cruise in Alaska. WONDERFUL!

Never used or had any use for Duct Tape or Power Strip that we packed.

Best item I packed was the night light for the bathroom. Picked a pack of 6 up at Price Club for about $7. No need to click on or off. They light automatically when room is dark. Extras comes in handy around the home too.

We brought Rain Ponchos with us when we left the ship and even thou it rained a few times, we never put them on. They were light weight and folded up small. We bought them in Walmarts for $4 each. Still feel that they were a good investment. The light weight wind breakers that we wore were rain resistant and was enough protection for us in the light rain.

A lot of attention should be paid to comfortable foot wear for shore and deck. There is a lot of walking on board too . Make sure all your shoes are comfortable even on dress up nights. I think its better to have a lower heel even for formal if they are more comfortable for you then high heels. I did not see any shoe police checking heel height . Just kidding , I have to have comfortable shoes or I am not a happy camper.

Hope some of this will be helpful for you. We were in Alaska in the first week of June .
The temp. was in the low sixties most of the time and did go to 70 at times.
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Duct Tape & Power Strips & Night Lights, OH MY

Power strip isn't necessary for me, either. I'm the only one that uses a hair dryer. Our alarm clock will be a travel clock and I don't plug in my cell phone. My son uses batteries in his CD player and that covers our electronic needs!

Duct tape is another matter. My son (whose screen name is duct tape pro) won't leave home without it.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old June 30th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Admiral

didn't find the need for duct tape, or the power strip, i am the only one in the family that needs a hair dryer and curling iron. Didn't bring the cell phone, on vacation you know!! CD player has rechargeable batteries in them that were charged before the cruise, and if they went down, charge them at night when no one is using the outlet.
Battery operated travel alarm clock is a must. Didn't need a night light, left the light on in the bathroom and the door slighly ajar
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't bring a power strip, but I do bring an extension cord. That way I can be drying my hair and heating a curling iron at the same time and not be in the way in the bathroom. I don't like the "installed" hair dryers one bit so I bring my own. I've only brought colored duct tape and that was to mark my all black luggage to make it easier to find in the sea of black bags when we claim our luggage at disembarkation. I put big pink duct tape X's on both sides! Once we had all of our bags, I ripped it off. I do bring a night light for the bathroom because I like the soft glow. We've tried leaving the light on but get a little rocking and either the door swings wide open (LIGHTS, LIGHTS!) or it slams shut (DARK, DARK!). If you're really lucky, you get a strobe effect... light, dark, light, dark... bring a nightlight.