Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 05:44 PM
Beginner

Default enchantment clothes questions

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the interesting and inciteful posts!
I have a couple questions about what to wear for my first cruise on RCCL's the Enchantment of the Seas.

First: Would a knee length formal dress be appropriate or should i bring a floor length dress to wear for formal night?

Second: I am doing the Stingray Snorkeling Excursion in Grand Cayman and the Dunns River Falls climbing and Dolphin Cove Excursion in Jamaica. What would be appropriate clothes to wear for these excursions?

Thanks for the help!

Lauren
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: enchantment clothes questions

Hi Lauren,
You dress should be fine and also some, wear short cocktail dresses as well.

As for clothes for those excursions, wear your swim suit under a t-shirt and pair of shorts and you can bring with you, your pool towel, but just remember to bring it back onboard or you will be charged for the cost of a towel, but sure beats bringing your own.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:05 PM
Passenger

Wear a short or long dress on formal night, I think that the fact that you worry about it means you'll be more that appropriate. Just stick with formal colors, don't do summer day-time colors. I have one long and one knee length and then my casual formal are just my "cool style".
As for your "day trips" just wear something that you can wear over your bathing suit, maybe take a extra pair of panties for the dry effect. Hope this helps.
I have a pair of really thin white linen draw-string pants and a white long sleeve shirt in case I've gotten too much sun.

I swear I'm only lazy when there's sand!
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:14 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: enchantment clothes questions

Thank you both for your great advice!

Lauren
Old August 4th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Admiral

as long as your dress is a dressy dress, short is just fine. If you have a long dress, by all means bring it if you want to!
As for the falls & Sting Rays, wear your bathing suit with water shorts over them, water sandals, water shoes or canvas tennis sneakers to climb the falls.
If you wear glasses, make sure you have croakies to go around your neck while climbing the falls,you don't want to loose your glassess.
Leave your towels and belongings on the boat when you go into the water with the Rays.
You might want to rent a locker at Dunns River Falls or leave your stuff on the bus if you take a tour.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:44 PM
seawench

I sailed on the Enchantment in February, first time on Royal Caribbean for me.

It was a 5-day trip, one formal night. I wore a black mid-calf length dress .. spaghetti straps, some beading on the top.

People at the next table were in shorts & T-shirts ... parents & kids.

I saw people dressed in formal gowns, a few men in tuxes, teens in low-rise jeans or skirts and tiny tops ... it was really a mixed crowd.