Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2004, 06:34 PM
KT

Default packing a carry-on

What sorts of things should I pack in my carry-on just in case? (Not for the plane ride but while I'm waiting to have the bags brought to the cabin) I know my travel documents and swim suit so I can hit the pool ASAP. :o) What other things might I want right away?
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: packing a carry-on

Hi KT,
I always pack some clothes to wear to dinner in case I don't see my luggage before hand. Anything of value should always be in a carry-on, along with any kind of meds that you may need, cash and credit cards too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 15th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Julia N

I find that I really want a shower once I get onboard (all that plane travel) so I pack a change of clothes, hairbrush, etc. Camera for sailaway shots, light snack and book for the wait in the terminal prior to boarding.

My luggage was lost on the way to the ship this year and i spent a week with only my carryon and what I bought along the way, so now my philosophy is, if I can't live without it, or would just be annoyed not to have it, it's going in my carryon!

-Julia
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

My wife and I each have a carry on. In each of ours we have a change of clothes suitable for first nights dinner, valuables (you decide what's valuable), documents, swimsuit, laptop (in mine), hair dryer (in hers), cameras, medication, toiletry bag, underwear and shoes.

We divide our medications, money, credit cards, between the two of us so in the event one of us loses a bag, purse or wallet it is not a vacation breaker.

Don't have Visa or Master Cards with the same account numbers. If you lose one and you cancel it, then both cards are no longer valid. Take a second one from a different account to be safe.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Carry-on consists of daily toiletry needs, medications, swimsuit w/cover-up, and a change of clothes for dinner. Documents,credit cards and jewlery are in the fanny pack on me. Hubby carries a camera/electronics bag and a back pack with a change of clothes, and swimtrunks. I hand him his documents once we arrive at the pier just in case we get separated for any reason.