Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Yeoman

Default Lost suit/ formal night Mariner

Just starting to pack and was going to have my husbands suit cleaned. I'm 99% sure we left it on our last cruise! (only wears one on cruises) We don't want to go out and buy another one as we'll be leaving soon.
We've always cruised with Carnival and this will be our first time with RCCL. Should we skip formal nights in the diningroom? Would nice pants with a button down shirt make him stick out?
Don't want to be disrespectful to the dress codes or anyone else. We can just eat at the buffet as well.
What are your thoughts on formal nights on the Mariner?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:06 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Lost suit/ formal night Mariner

Nice pants and a dress shirt will be fine for formal nights. I wore the same thing on my last cruise. Don't worry about it. The dinning room will not send you away and if someone has "Heartburn" over it, it's their problem; not yours.

Remember, It's YOUR cruise.
Old November 27th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Yeoman

Thanks!
Old November 29th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Admiral

does Dh have a sports jacket that he could put with the dress pants & shirt? If not, that's ok also. Dress pants, dress shirt, tie and dress shoes will be fine. Heck, most men take off their jackets once they are seated in the dining room anyway.
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:26 AM
Yeoman

He does have a jacket. Will just do with what we have. If he feels out of place we can always leave. But from what we've experienced from the past cruises, there's such a variety of dress that I think he'll be fine.
We're just going to go and enjoy ourselves. I think people worry too much about "is this ok or that ok". (me being one) It's our vacation and it's supposed to be fun and relaxing.
I can't worry anymore. We leave in three days! yea