Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:08 PM
First Mate

Default Packing for 5 Day Cruise

I am trying to figure out what it is I really need to pack for a 5 day cruise. I have never been on a cruise before so this is all new to me. However, I would like to avoid my husband and I killing ourselves trying to lug heavy luggage through airports and the port. I want to enjoy myself and have what we need, but I don't want to break our backs in doing so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old December 1st, 2004, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Packing for 5 Day Cruise

Hi Tamie,
Here is a link to some packing info, actually for the whole family:

Packing

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Packing for 5 Day Cruise

you will need a couple of pair of Dockers type pants for casual nights. Polo, collar or hawaiian print shirts(Island Night) 1 shirt for each night, casual shoes for the men.
a suit, or sports jacket dress pants, shirt/tie, dress shoes for formal night.
for the ladies - a couple of pairs of capris, with nice tops, flat sandals, maybe a sun or sheath dress, or you can do the Dockers type pants and a blouse for casual night.
Long dress, long skirt w/dressy blouse or dressy cocktail dress, dress shoes for formal night.
Daywear - couple of pairs of shorts - t-shirts, tanks, sleeveless or halters- mix and match - one per day. 2 swimsuits with a cover-up. Good pair of walking sneakers.
Water sandals for beach excursions. Baseball or some type of hat.
Sunscreen, daily toiletry essentials, enough prescription meds for the duration if you take them. OTC drugs- (Tylenol, Bonine, Sudafed, Rolaids etc) enough for the duration..