Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:27 AM
triathlete24

Default Something nice for the wife?

Hello everyone.

My wife and I are taking a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Diamond Princess and are departing on February 12, 2005 which happens to be our 5th anniversary. This is the first cruise for both of us and we are so excited.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something nice I can do (or buy) for my wife to make this cruise any more special. The only thing I have planned is swimming with dolphins in Puerto Vallarta.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Something nice for the wife?

you have lots of options, you can purchase Anniversary Packages directly from Princess,(on line) you could purchase spa services(massage, facial etc)
If you have a balcony you can order the special Balcony dinner for Two.
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:01 PM
Yeoman

it sounds like having such a thoughtful and loving husband will be an added bonus to anything you extra you give her. red roses in the cabin and a spa package on the ship would get my vote for a wonderful gift. add to that a romantic dinner and wonderful wine to drink with it and you are in for a wonderful ending to the day. have great time and i know you will find fantastic things to make it a anniversary to remember.

Old December 2nd, 2004, 05:57 AM
Passenger

if she likes massages schedual a hot rock massage for her. my husband and i both did this on our recent cruise and it was the MOST RELAXING EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE. if she's a shopper and will be running around in the ports schedual a foot massage for your last day at sea-she will appreciate it emmensely.
Old December 6th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Parrot Mom

P.V. has the most wonderful art galleries, especially Sergio Bustamante...andif you find somethig she likes in any of the galleries it will be a permanent reminder of a wonderful trip..Flowers would be nice too!!
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:00 PM
triathlete24

Thank you all for your suggestions. You are what makes this site so great.
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:46 AM
First Mate

Sounds like she will already be having a special cruise with someone as thoughtful as you you as her husband! What a lucky lady! Hope BOTH of you have great cruise...
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Yeoman

How about renewing your vows at one of the ports?? You can have a clergy meet you at the port, they will take you to a nice beach or resort where you can have a romantic private ceremony.

I think I'm gonna' cry!
Old January 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Yeoman

I bought her some jewelry, to go with some she bought on our last cruise. I plan to give it to her just as we're taking off on the flight down to the port (if I can hold it back that long!)

Old January 8th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Something nice for the wife?

I don't have any suggestions that could improve on the ones offered in this thread, but if you give classes in "How to Please a Woman" please sign my husband up! I got a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. (It is a Dyson, though. He said, "only the best for my girl".) It was our son who gave us this cruise for Christmas, however. Thank God he takes after me!

BTW…if she ever dumps you, a cruise, and maybe a sandwich, and I'd be just plum THRILLED!

Where are these terrific guys coming from? A cruise AND jewelry? A cruise AND "swimming with dolphins"? A cruise AND revew your vows on a sunset beach? Holy cow! I feel like I'm watching the best *chick~flick* ever. Someone raised you guys right!

I've been HINTING for 30 years that I'd love to see Hawaii (which he saw when stationed there in the Navy) so he bought me the Elvis "Blue Hawaii" DVD for my birthday.

Post Edited (01-08-05 23:04)
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:03 PM
First Mate

Some beautiful ring in port would get me all stirred up! Other than jewelry, a nice spa package and OF COURSE a great formal picture of the two of you!

Old January 11th, 2005, 01:19 PM
SB

Sounds like you are already on the right track!
You can always set the tone by sending her flowers a week before hand and let her know how much you are looking forward to the time alone with her..which my wonderful husband did for me.
And on our last cruise I went to the card store before we left and picked out a card for every night and had the room steward place it on his pillow every night when we went to dinner.
Have a great time and enjoy your time together!
Old January 11th, 2005, 01:25 PM
DENISE HINTZE

check with princess cruise line and see if you can order some roses i know you can
carnival because i did this your last cruise and my mom get to enjoy them all week i
hope this helps you
Old January 15th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Passenger

I'd definitely order some flowers to be in the cabin when you get on. And maybe a bottle of champagne or wine if she likes that type of thing.

You're so sweet! I think I'm going to cry!!
Old January 22nd, 2005, 01:00 AM
dmbfan

My girlfriend did the card thing for me last cruise every night..... what a great idea. So this cruise (in 13 days) I will do the same thing with Roses everynight... with the help of my steward of course!
Old January 22nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

In my next life i am going to meet someone like you. With all that fussing she will be tired. Maybe when she lays her head on that pillow for the night she might lay on a tiny little ring box.?????? So many options but not enough time..........maybe we should share this board with our spouse's. Just maybe something will come our way.
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Triathlete24

Our cruise is finally here at the end of this week. Thank all of you for your thoughtful ideas. It's nice to know that people can care enough to help people they have never met. Thank you all very much.
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

Before leaving on our last one in Dec, I would casually jump into a jewellery store at the mall pretending to look at a watch or something and kept an eye on where my wife was looking and asking the clerks about.
So in Crand Cayman I bought her a 3 ct diamond bangal bracelet thing (whatever) and she absolutely loved it because it was kinda what she was looking at and she didn't expect it at all!
We had no occasion, but for an anniversary I think something like that would be very special.

banker
(no occasion for us, just thanks for 8 1/2 yrs of putting up with me and having my 2 kids)
Old February 13th, 2005, 05:50 PM
MSR

Definitely schedule a special spa appointment--that is the best! Just get there when you board and make the appointment for the first at sea day--not too close to dinner time! (leave plenty of time for the before dinner stops in the bars and lounges, just for the music and ambience!) that is also a good time to browse the ships shops and pick up a special something.......and be sure to get some nice photos on formal night! Our ship photos are the best. also, book a night in town before you board to avoid the chaos, and it is also nice to book one postcruise night too so you don't have to depart so abruptly.
have a great time!
Old February 13th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Aww Banker - your "nice guy" is showing - don't let that happen again! TTFN Jennifer :o)
Old February 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Passenger

It sounds that you have already done wonderful things. I really loved the above idea of renewing the vows. If you are on princess cant they do this onboard? The carribean princess has a chapel right??? This way you could do it on a sea day and will be less trouble. You know your wife best tell her she looks beautiful and remind her of why you love her. Stephanie
Old February 25th, 2005, 01:39 PM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Re: Something nice for the wife?

For our 25th anniversary, we cruised in January on the Inspiration. Evidently my husband had been checking out diamond prices on the internet. He must have looked in Cozumel too. He ended up buying me some 1 ct diamond studs on the ship. Boy was I surprised. I just love them! After getting home, I've been checking prices. He did get a good buy. Don't ever overlook the gift shops on the ship. They offer good merchandise at a great price and NO TAX!!! Remember if you buy loose stones in port they don't count against your duty free allowance. Another idea for wife!