Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Brenda and Brian

Default Cross Dressing on formal nights

During the day on the ship I am Brian but at night I become Brenda. Should I expect any problems regarding cross dressing on board ship in the dining room of an evening.My friend and I are sailing with Carnival in January to the Caribbean and we have requested one of the larger tables to dine with other members of the cruise. I will take your advice on dress sense and the best table to request that can give you a chat with other like minded people.
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cross Dressing on formal nights

Its really no ones business isn't it?? I would say that as long as you are well-groomed, and dressed accordingly to the dress code you will be fine. I would suggest that you request to be seated with other couples or singles your age, families with children could be "uncomfortable". If you want to be private then i would suggest you book a table for two.
You might want to post your question over on the Gay and Lesbian board- great bunch of folks over there who might have a better "insight" than most.
Old December 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Billie

I can't speak for all people but you would be warmly welcomed at mine and my husband's table as either Brian or Brenda. I'm guessing because you are on Carnival you might have less trouble with this. This may be ignorant of me but I would expect that if someone is going to have trouble with it chances are better that they will be older. I have never travelled on Carnival but from what I understand it is usually filled more with younger people than older.

Good Luck!

Billie
Old December 31st, 2004, 08:03 AM
Yeoman

I'm sure you will get people who stare. I happen to like people who are open about who they are. Be yourself. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

It wouldn't bother me at all, but if there are children at the table I bet you get some interesting questions! Children tend to ask whatever is on their minds and not always tactfully so just be prepared.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:17 AM
First Mate

It would not bother me in the least. But of course none of us here that have responded can account for what everyone else would think or say. My philosophy is as long as your actions don't hurt anyone and you are comfortable with what you are doing then go for it and have the time of your life. This is your vacation and you should enjoy yourself, as long as you do then there should not be any problems.

Old January 6th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Agreed, at least Brian you are what you are and open to the problem. Personally we have met and forgive the expression "more creepier" straight people on ship that I would not let kids within a hundred yards of.

It will not be easy, there will be the stares, comments etc, etc . Actually in all honesty I dont think the confined space that is a ship is what you would enjoy as a vacation.

But again, good on you for being honest, unlike some that appear to conform to society and do not get a glance from those worried about their children