Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2005, 06:21 PM
cjp

Default necklaces

Hi. Some of my friends where a couple of necklaces all at the same time. Each necklace may have a different gem stone in them or sometimes one will be a chain, or cross with other ones having the gem stones in them. Are multiple necklaces stylish or is this a "no no". Thank you for your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kitkat
Default Re: necklaces

Thankfully, the Fashion Police went out of business in the 1980's. After all, they just couldn't keep up with all those shoulder pad wearing Dynasty wannabe's.

My humble opinion is that so long as you are clean and not dishevelled, your appearance is generally fine, and yes, this includes accessories such as rings, necklaces and the like. Will your friends win any awards for fashion statement of the year???? Probably not. But think how boring it would be if we all dressed and accessorized the same.

Just my two cents worth,

Kit
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Admiral

i think that a couple of necklaces is just fine. Its the "rapper" look with lots of necklaces that i think is overkill.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Bezor

Wouldn't it be nice if we each could do whatever we wanted without others judging us, that is, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. As I have never been hurt by the number of necklaces another wears, I see no problem in this. If you feel this may be out of style, maybe they are setting a new style, or just being individuals. If they like it that way I'm all for it.

Sometimes I see people wearing things I NEVER would, but I think it is more likely that more times people see me wearing things they NEVER would. I dress how I feel. I like pants that go up to my waist, bras that can't be seen through my clothes, and button earings. In otherwords, I'm certainly not a trend setter. But I'm happy with each days outfit and I doubt anyone has ever died from seing me (although maybe they had a laugh).

Never be afraid to be yourself! And never be afraid to be seen with your friends being themselves (unless they are hurting themselves or others).
Old February 16th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Koshka

Default Re: Re: necklaces

Not only will you see people wearing couple of necklaces, but also a couple (6?) bracelets, and ALL rings they own.. and then they will buy some more on the ship and wear it on top of that..

The big question is .. who cares??
As long as you are not naked while wearing your 8 necklaces, it's fine :-)
Old February 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

If you're into "bling" wear it - the choice is yours. TTFN Jennifer