Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default no jeans

we are taking my 18 year old daughter and her friend to celerbrate her 18th and I told her that jeans were not allowed. I don't know if that is totally true but it is my big chance to see her in something other than faded jeans lol so , to be totally accurate, how true is this? I really want her to look classy and go with nice capris and no raggedy jeans. I also don't want her to see everyone else [ teens ] in jeans,.

Kristine
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Passenger

Default Re: no jeans

Jeans are okay during the day...Not allowed in the diningrooms at dinner time...
Old February 19th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Cruisingrandma

No Jeans in the dining rooms during the dinner hours. But depending on where you r cruising...?? Who wants to wear heavy hot denim jeans in the Caribbean....? Its too warm for them. Not comfortable.
Old February 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

teenagers love those darn heavy faded things, I don't get it. I am sticking with my story about the no jeans policy te he he
Old February 19th, 2005, 03:56 PM
cali-croozer

Kristine.........you are like me. We don't pack jeans on our cruises. It's nice to see the boys (I have 2 teen boys) in something other than jeans. They don't mind........after the initial shock, when we shopped for our first cruise, they actually learned to enjoy their "cruise clothes" and wear them at home too!
Old February 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM
koshka

I wore nice white jeans with the nice top and high hills in the dining room - was totally fine.

Would say that my jeans looked nicer then some "proper" dresses.. :-)
Old February 19th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

that sounds like a nice outfit, I am talking about the acid washed hip huggers yikkeess
Old February 20th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Admiral

I don't mind the hip huggers as much as the "knee dangling crotches". These guys look like they're wearing their grandfather's pants - without the suspenders. OMG I'm beginning to sound just like my mother - shoot me now lol. TTFN Jennifer
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:51 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone

We do jeans. But under one condiction this is they are dark blue or black, brand new, no holes, and not baggie. Then a nice top to go with it. nice shoes too. oh and we don't wear then every casual night. We get cold in the dinning room.

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!
Old February 21st, 2005, 08:13 AM
First Mate

I am not sure which cruiselines you are going on. On RCCL you will see tons of jeans some during the day but especially at night in the dance and music areas with the younger crowd. Also you will see some jeans in the dining room on casual nights regardless of what others say it does happen. Frankly it does not bother me. I would encourage her to wear cute capris but I would be honest with her and let her take jeans along. She will see other teens in jeans in the evenings. Last January we cruised with my kids who are in there twenties and we went out dancing every night.

Old February 21st, 2005, 11:12 AM
Admiral

simply show her the cruise lines published dress code policy and be done with it. It is
stated in print. Denim capris or a denim skirt would be a nice compromise. I still don't get the whole jeans in the tropics thing. They are just too darn hot, heavy and dark, think natural. flowy, lightweight fabrics. Jeans would be ok to travel in.
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:43 PM
Passenger

I'm just wondering what she is going to say when she comes on-board and people (like me!) will be there wearing jeans?

I have some lightweight, stretchy jeans that I plan to wear every day.

Sheila

Carnival Legend, Western Carribean

Old April 4th, 2005, 05:49 PM
patticake

we are cruising in july on the carnival victory. i personally would like to see no jeans in our group of 11, three generations but i am sure they will bring them. i agree, why would anyone want to wear jeans in the tropics. they are so hot, but i see them on everybody up here in pa. in the summer on very hot days. i see them in florida when i visit my mom and it is so hot down there in the summer. if they are going to bring them i like loose fitting nice, attractive jeans. of course what i think are nice looking jeans are probably not cool. i am just a grandma. i am waiting for this question to come up in our group discussions about the cruise.