Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default light colored suit?

My DH does not want to wear a tux. Fine, he did not even wear one for our wedding.
He has never owned a suit, dressing up for him is kaki's,nice shirt. I did get him to go shopping and he found a suit he really liked. It is light colored. My question is, will he stand out like a sore thumb or do others wear light colors on formal night?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Andee

Default Re: light colored suit?

When we've cruised, we've seen primarily dark suits or tuxedos on formal night.

My personal opinion is that every man needs to own a dark suit anyway, so he can dress appropriately for weddings and funerals.
Old February 27th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Laurie Qualls

Default Re: Re: light colored suit?

how many days are you going......we are going on another 7 day...hubby always brings a nice black suit for formal night...and a lighter colored suit for the semi formal night....my husband hardley ever gets dressed up tshirts and jeans for work...nicer jeans on weekends and dockers and polo shirts if we go out to dinner.....he will wear suits to weddings formal ones and funerals....but we just went out yesterday and bought him two new suits two new dress shirts and two new ties....He absoulutely love the formal nights on the ships the formal pictures with family..and he wants to look good....so anyway i do believe that your hubby needs at least a dark suit for the formal night....he will feel funny if he does not..and you do not want to miss out on the fun ...good luck 4 weeks and 6 days until we sail on the diamond princess .......
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM
TamieWaState

Laurie Thanks
We will be on a 4 day so only 1 formal dinner.
Only 34 days till we go!
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Tamie:

Check your local mall. I just got back from our mall and Macy's had mens suits for anywhere from 50% -75% off. All the spring and summer is stuff is starting to come in (we live in the Northeast) so they're trying to clear out the winter things. I just bought my husband an $80 bathrobe for $12.37.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Tamie - if he found a light colored suit that he really likes and it looks good on him, that will be fine, i will tell you that the majority of the men do wear dark suits. Its up to your husband and how he feels about it.
Old February 28th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Tamie - I think it's great your dh got a suit at all - no matter what the color. I bet he looks great in it so let him wear it. Better he have a good time in what he wants to wear than have a lousy time in what he is "supposed" to wear - according to other people's opinions. Don't forget to take lots of photos. I'm betting when he sees how good he looks all dressed up he will want to do it more often lol. TTFN Jennifer
Old March 1st, 2005, 10:14 PM
TamieWaState

Thanks everybody! And and does look great and HE is comfortable, so if he is happy thats makes me happy