Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Passenger

Default Luggage tags

I have a question about what to put on a luggage tag. I really don't want to put my home address and phone number on our luggage tags, so I am putting our po box which is in another town. I am stumped about our phone number. I don't work so I can't put a work phone. My husband won't let me put his work phone. Any suggestions? Do I really need to put a phone number.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Luggage tags

the reason they ask for your phone number is in case your luggage gets lost, the airline will call you when they find it. Put your cell phone number on the luggage tags
Old February 28th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Luggage tags

If you are referring to your cruise luggage tags then I wouldn't worry about it because you have your name and cabin number on the tags.

If you are referring to airline luggage tags then all I can say is that the less accurate information you provide the less likely you are to get your luggage back in the event it is lost or routed to the wrong location. This happens quite often, especially with connecting flights or last minute check in.

I would suggest that if your husband is concerned about this information, then put your names, his work address and a phone number of a relative or your cell phone, if you have one.

I would also advise that you put another tag on the INSIDE of the case that has your name, real address and phone number. It is always a good idea to always have a tag I.D on the inside of your luggage in the event that the luggage tag, on the outside, comes off.

I have traveled a lot for 25 years and have always had my name, address and a valid phone number on my airline luggage tags. An airline employee can find out that I am on an airplane just as easy by looking at a passenger manifest or anyone can get my address and phone number by looking in the phone book.

They do read the luggage tags. Even when I have lost luggage and gave a hotel as my contact point, I have returned home to a message or my wife has told me that the airline called and said that they found my luggage, even if later they called the hotel.

Take care and have a great time,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me