Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty
Default american airlines pillows?

Do the airlines still provide pillows on board or do we have to bring our own, I heard some of the airlines are no longer providing them, since I like to sleep during flight but don't want to over pack I need to know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: american airlines pillows?

I also read that AA will not be providing pillows, last flights with them in Feb, no pillows. I had my jacket though and that worked out OK as a pillow.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Bought a great puffy bean pillow at Walmart for about $8.00. Very squishy and comfortable. I take it on every flight now and feel great knowing I'm the only one who's used it. It packs very nicely in my carry-on bag too.

Cheryl C
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:28 PM
MSR

how long is your flight??how can you sleep when you are going to go CRUISING! it is so hard to relax when every seat is filled and all the space is taken and everyone is up and down the aisles.....doesn't sound like you are taking the same airlines out of the windy city that we are! (you certainly are not on spirit, united or american.......or southwest or northwest)
Old March 9th, 2005, 06:14 PM
on behalf of Steve

Im on American airlines so thanks for the heads up, Donna and Cheryl. As for sleeping during the 3 hour flight it won't be a problem for me, my plane takes off early in the morning and I work nights, I will be flying during my normal sleeping hours, so I plan a nice long nap, Im on AA so I will look for a little travel pillow to bring along.
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisin' Meme

From what I've heard, you wouldn't want to use blankets or pillows from the airlines anyway. Somewhere I saw an article by a flight attendant, and she had disgusting stories of what happened to those things. Ewww. Anyway, everyone I know here in Ohio swears by the new Sqwish pillows sold everywhere. I'll be getting one of those for our journey across the country.