Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Dayzy

Default Packing Lists

Does anyone know of a good webite where I can find a Packing Checklist? It would be very helpful! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Packing Lists

one of the most popular sites is www.cruisediva.com. Personally i find the list a bit of over-kill, but that's just me. Pack mix and match clothes, you can get a couple days wear out of a pair of shorts, (you are in and out of them all day long on sea days) You can get a couple nights wear out of one pair of pants, (unless you spill something on them) you will only wear them to dinner and a show probably.
I pack clean shirts for each day - i mix and match t-shirts, halters, sleevless depending upon the weather. I love to wear sundresses at night for casual evenings, they are so easy to just throw on with a pair of flat sandals. The men have a change of shirts for every night.
Pack your everyday toiletry essentials - enough for the duration of your cruise, if you take any type of maintenace prescription meds, pack enough for the duration (use those daily pill containers) it is a good idea to bring along a copy of your original prescription if you are taking any kind of narcotic. Make sure you pack things like Tylenol or Advil, Tums or Rolaids, bandaids, Bonine (if needed) , a small sewing kit, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN - and aloe burn jel.
Everyone should have a hat and good sunglasses that cut UVA/UVB rays and the glare off the water.
Good Walking sneakers are a must, as are water sandals
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:15 PM
CruzCrazy

I just bought a wonderful book called, "Smart Packing for Today's Traveler" by Susan Foster.

This book covers it all, just some examples:

What kind of clothes for specific trips.
What kind of suitcases to use.
How to pack for less wrinkles etc., etc.
Gives suggestions on what to bring for 3-night to 7-night cruises and by the different regions, Caribbean, Europe etc.

This book really gets into detail on what to expect for all types of travel. It's up to date with today's airport security as well.

There are a lot of great tips.

I bought it on Amazon.com for under $20 (I think).
Old March 20th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Hi Dayzy,
I bought the paper back book Fodor's "How to Pack"
It is full of wonderful tips, even if you don;t use everything they suggest, its great to know how to pack.
Just my 2 cents worth here.
Carole
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:46 AM
Passenger

Search Rosie's Ramblings for her packing list. It was orignially printed in California Lawyer magazine but can be found on the web.
JOE