Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
Admiral

Default very sexy dress advice

Ok I brought a gown for formal night, and it's super sexy. Now Im wondering if I should get one more conservative. The dress is floor length with a slit up the thigh it also has a bra type top with cut outs on the sides of my waist and a plunging halter neckline. I have a very good slim muscular, figure which I work for, I also am well endowed. (think Carmen Electra, anyway the sales women went nuts and told me I have the body for this dress, at the same some some women in the store was glaring at me, and sending me daggers with her eyes. Im worried if I wear this this will be the reaction Im gonna get from the ladies, the men will certainly take notice. What do you think? I am cruising solo with a group of singles.
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: very sexy dress advice

Showcat - I think you should change your plans and come on the Victory with me on June 26
Old March 23rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
Yeoman

Showcat...

Girlfriend, if your can wear it, go for it! Times will change before you know it.
So live it up now!
Old March 23rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Go ahead and wear it. If I had the body for it I would!!

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 23rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
Cruisingrandma

hey u go girl..... u have the figure for it u wear it. i am sure it will be perfect......
Old March 24th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Admiral

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Im still tossing around the idea that maybe I should exchange it, cause where will I ever wear this again? Of course maybe I just to wear it on a future cruise too.. hmmm
Old March 24th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Yeoman

Everyone has a dress like that one in the back of thier closet.
The one that makes you look totally sexy, and will surely turn some heads!
Even though it may not get another bit of use, we won't part with it...

Remember your on a singles cruise and you have the body for it...so if it dosent cost too much, why part with it? Women only throw daggers when thier jealous!
Live it up, life is too short to worry about it.
Old March 24th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you're comfortable in it~wear it. If you have doubts maybe you should reconsider.
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: very sexy dress advice

Showcat, if you really cannot decide, send me a pic of you in the dress. I will give you the unbiased opinion of a single guy
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Admiral

If you feel sexy,comfortable and confident wearing this dress, then go for it. If however, you feel any least bit uncomortable in it, for whatever reason, then you should take it back.
If you decide to keep it, i would definatley get some sort of dressy wrap or shawl as the dining rooms, and show lounges can be chilly at night.
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:46 AM
julycruiser

Gosh woman, If you got the goods and can, do!!
Old March 24th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Wear the dress. The only reason you'll get glares from the women is their jealous. That's why I'd glare at you. (plus I'm sure my DH would be glaring too) If however, you are having second thoughts, hang on to it as long as you can and shop around for something else. Good luck.

Old March 24th, 2005, 12:31 PM
JPHC

you sound like my wife and we have cruised 12 times and always has a sexy gown !if you have it, confident in it who realyy gives a flying darn what others think?i know most men will appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Showcat -

Ignore the looks from the other women. They were probably envious that you looked so good in it (I'm guessing you might be tall?). Tall women have a wonderful tendency to look great in gowns. (I'm short).

Anyway, wear the dress! It's only for a few hours & how many times do you get to be Cinderella for an evening? Go for it! DO NOT GIVE IN to social pressure! Live your life & believe me - wear the dress & you will be happy you did!

Don't wear the dress & you'll be wonderful the famous, "what if's".....believe me, been there, done that, can write the book!
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:10 PM
julycruiser

We went with another couple on our cruise. My friend had "the dress" that was perfect on her, backless and "cut down to here" in the front. She had the body and it looked good. She doesnt regret it one bit and I dont think anyone faulted her for it. Except me of course who doesnt have the body for it and hated her for it the whole time...lol.... I told her the same thing I told you....If ya got the body, go for it. Have a great time and to hades with all us others who are jealous...lol
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Tapping my foot here waiting for a photo, Showcat.
Old March 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Passenger

Please come on my next cruise and sit at my table. I promise not to stare... I mean glare
Old March 24th, 2005, 06:30 PM
julycruiser

Well, I think you got your answer....The men have spoken,....lol....Wear the dress!!!
Old March 25th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Girlfriend,
Wear the dress! One day, when you are in your rocking chair, you can tell your grandkids how you rocked the boat!!!

I have big ones also, and I plan to show as much as is legal!

Carnival Glory April 2, 2005
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:55 PM
lilliana

If the dress makes you feel good about yourself and you call pull it off, why WOULDNT you wear it?! You aren't going to see most of the people ever again anyway, so as long as you aren't showing anything that would be blurred out on the TV, go for it with a 'y'all wish you looked this good' attitude to match!'
Old March 26th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Admiral

Well sorry to disappoint but I exchanged the dress today for a still sexy but much more classy dress, this one is peach satin that turns into bright coral at the hem. It has a halter plunging neck and a nice rinestone brooch at the clevage it is tea length in the front with a longer train in the back. It's beautiful summery, and more important it is something I will use again. Figure if Im gonna spend the money I want to get my money's worth. The first dress looked like something that Pam Anderson would wear I kind of felt like Stripperella in it. Sorry I didn't get a photo in it to post. But I will take lots of pictures I promise and post them on the site after my cruise. Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words.Oh and Cassandra Im not tall, Im petite and tiny 5ft 2 and weigh about 103lbs.
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Admiral

Happy you found a dress that you will feel more comfortable in and more important will wear again. No matter what you wear, I'm sure you'll look great. Have a wonderful cruise.

Old March 26th, 2005, 05:35 AM
JPHC

are you sure your not my wifes twin?shes 5'2 102.
Old March 26th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Admiral

You go Girl! Wear what makes you feel good! Been there - done that - now its sweatsuits and pants with elastic waist. The "well endowed" parts now have my belly button between them lol - but I do remember when. Honey - turn heads as long as you can - the memories will be worth it. As far as those that don't like it - as stated above - they are just jealous. Have a great time and knock em' dead! TTFN Jennifer
Old March 27th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Admiral

JPHC I have a sister about the same size so maybe we are triplets
Thanks Hazelson and nolou for the nice remarks, I feel much better about the 2nd dress it's pretty and femine, not over the top in your face sexy like the first. I feel confident I made the right choice.
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisin' Meme

If you've got it, flaunt it. We all wish we could. <g> Besides, you can look back when you're older and go, "Hey, I remember when I could wear this dress...."
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, I think the new dress sounds exquisite. And I still think you and your friends should change your plans and sail with me in June
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Andre

Food for thought:

Every so often in a topic like this someone says "you'll never see any of these people again - you should do what you want!"

Now I am making no comment at all about whether showcat should wear her dress or not, but do you REALLY think that behavior should be based (or even take as a major componant) whether those around you will ever see you again? I mean think of the extremes of bahavior we could all muster up if our deterant was nothing more than personal embarassment among our loved ones! Sometimes, the mark of good and proper behavior is how one acts among strangers, not just loved ones.

Just a thought.

Andre
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:14 PM
JPHC

hey andre missed you.where you been?
Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Andre

I've been acting like a jerk among strangers -where else? ;-)

(actually I was down in Bonaire for a week or so, plus I've just been a bit too busy to extoll you with my pearls of wisdom lately. Maybe someone will ask if they can wear just a mariachi shirt and flip flops on formal night sometime soon and I'll get motivated enough to come in swinging!)

Andre