Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Desiree Russo

Default What to wear on non formal night?

What is appropriate for women to wear on non-formal night in the dining rooms and in the other restaurants? I am sailing CP next month and am trying to figure out what to bring? What kind of shoes are not allowed in the dining room? I am a shoe fanantic and can bring a different pair for every outfit but I know I can't so what is good to bring? Thanks any info will help.....
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: What to wear on non formal night?

I've got a collection of shoes too. I found that non-formal nights are a bit more relaxed but no shorts etc. I just wore a nice sun dress (nothing too revealing) with dress sandals. Those dress sandals also worked with other skirts and pants. I had one heck of a time figuring out the shoes! Ya got heels for formal, sandals for the pool, walking shoes for the ports, slippers for the cabin, dress sandals for non-formal, cute sandals for the shows . . . . OMG! I needed a suit case just for my shoes! Oh yeah . . and dancing shoes/boots! On some nights we just ate at the buffet so we didn't have to change again. Try to find a cute pair of sandals that will work with shorts, bathing suit and skirts. Well, that's what I do anyway.
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Becky5830

On the non-formal nights my sisters, mom and me wore anything from black dress pants and nice sweaters to white capri's and nice tops. As for the shoes it was so hard to figure out what to bring, but I did well because I had bought really nice gold flip flops and wore them in the evening with my capris and day with sundresses. My black heels I wore on formal night and with my black dress pants. Then I took a pair of OP sandals for the beach and pool, along with my tennis shoes for touring I had the perfect amount of shoes. Between the four of us we shared a garment bag which we put our formal night attire in, plus our dressier clothes, then we stuffed the little pockets with our shoes. It worked out really well. Good luck and have fun!
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Desiree - Princess dress code on non-formal nights is resort/smart casual. I like to wear sundressess w/ lacy sweater and low heel sandals, nice capris with a nice top, nice slacks with a nice blouse.
About the only shoes i wouldn't wear to dinner would be my beach flip-flops or my sneakers.
Old April 6th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Passenger

I am traveling with husband and two sons (11 and 15). What is acceptable for men on casual night and what is the least they can can by with on formal nights,(the hate to dress up!!!
Old April 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Admiral

bakersuzie - casual nights your guys can get by very nicely with dockers type or cargo pants, a polo type, a short sleeve sport shirt or hawaiian print shirt and casual shoes.
Formal wear -minimum would be a nice pair of dress pants, dress shirt & tie with dress shoes. DH should wear a suit or suit separates. Suit coats are optional for young boys, you can pick one up cheaply at thrift or consignment stores. The majority of men go for the suit and the majority of young teen boys go for the dress pants/blazer route.