Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to ydoodle
Default wrinkles....

I've traveled often and have never found a good way to avoid creases in my husbands jackets, shirts and my dresses. We usually take one large garmet back to fold over the clothes, as well as 1 large suitcase and one small. I've tried folding them neatly, with plastic bags and still have wrinkles when I take everything out of the suitcase. Everything seems to be scrunched to one end or the other with plenty of wrinkles. I have the Downy wrinkle remover recommended here, but does anyone have any other suggestions. Am I doing something wrong when packing?

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob
Default Re: wrinkles....

You can roll your things.. It really works well with jeans, just set one leg on top of the other, start at the bottom and roll the whole way up. Not sure how it would work with shirts, *if it would work at all*. Try doing an online search.
-Rob

Carnival Ecstasy-June 2000
Carnival Jubilee-July 2001
Carnival Pride-June 2003
RCCL Sovereign-Janurary 2004
Carnival Imagination-June 26, 2004
Glory
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:37 PM
JaeDog105

There's a great packing method wherein you create a bundle of clothing within your suitcase. Socks, underwear and pajamas make up the bulky center and wrinkle-prone garments such as slacks, shirts and jackets make up the outside of the bundle.

You basically place all of the articles in your suitcase, starting with the most wrinkle-prone and ending with the center items and then wrap layer by layer around the bulky center.

I tried it on my last trip and was absolutely amazed at how well it worked. Do a web search for packing methods to read a better description of this method, but I highly recommend it.
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:02 PM
L&S80

I always roll dh shirts......very few wrinkles.....just take your time folding & rolling......that makes the difference.

Sharon

Old April 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Admiral

so much depends upon the fabrics, some wrinkle more than others and there isn't much you can do about that. i pack in layers, criss-crossing each layer, that works well for me. Suits, gowns, dressy outfits and shoes go in the garment bag. Hang items up as soon as you get your luggage. Steam wrinkles out in the shower. If the wrinkles are really bad, use the ships laundry room that has an iron.