Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2005, 08:14 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX
Default pillows

I have 2 torn disc in my neck.I have a wonderful pillow that I use at home,but really dont want to have to lug it around.Does anyone have any suggestions for a good pillow that doesnt take up much space.I was thiking about some type of inflatible one.Ive seen them before but have no idea where to start looking for one.Any ideas would be appreciated.Thanks Dot
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:17 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: pillows

Can you squish your pillow into a space bag?
Old April 26th, 2005, 03:45 PM
DALSAL

Default Re: Re: pillows

I might be able to do that,but I was thinking I might like it for the plane trip too...
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Hello dot,
Try the web site Magellan's travel supplies. Look on the left side and choose the bar that says In flight comfort. There you will find all sorts of neat stuff including an inflatagble pillow. I bought on and it is great. I tried the ones with bead or wheat in them, but the noise when I moved my head kept me awake. ( I a light sleeper)
Hope this helps.
Old April 26th, 2005, 08:40 PM
DALSAL

Sea Trekker,thank you so much for the website address.Did you get the u-shaped one? Im thinking that might be pretty good sitting up,giving my neck more support,not too sure how it will be at night on the ship laying down.Does yours work for laying down?
Thank you again for the site.I was thinking of the ones with beads or wheat too,but I think the inflatable one would be best.
Thanks,Dot
Old April 27th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Becky5830

I also have neck problems and sleep on a memory foam pillow. I wanted to have a pillow that was comfortable to sleep on while on the cruise but was expendable. I bought a 'bead' pillow that was small enough to put in a carryon, but large enough to sleep on at night. I tried it out a few nights prior to leaving and it did not support my head well enough. I then went out and bought a memory foam u-shaped travel pillow. It wasn't large enough to sleep on at night and was not comfortable on a bed. So I decided that I was not going to have my cruise wrecked by having a stiff neck, so I adjusted the amount of luggage I took to two medium suitcases rather than one larger suitcase just to take my pillow. It was the best decision I made. I never regretted having the extra suitcase, and rather enjoyed having the extra space for souveneirs I picked up for the family. And after arriving on the cruise and seeing the flat pillows in the staterooms, I was so happy I took my own pillow.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Dot, I got the ushaped pillow for my neck, then took a mini foam pillow and the inflatable one to sleep with. That worked out great for me. No more kinks in the neck. lol
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:21 PM
DALSAL

Thank you both for your reply.Im going for the u-shaped inflatible and in a few weeks Im going to start putting my things together,if I have enough room,I will take my memory foam neck pillow.I love it,but its a little big to bring,but know Im going to need more than the inflatible one at night.If I cant fit it,I will buy one in Seattle or Alaska.

Dot
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Admiral

When are you going to Alaska? we are going in June on HAL Volendam
Old April 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
DALSAL

Sea Trekker

Im going May 27th on Celebrity Mercury. Im excited,never been to Alaska before!

Dot