Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:45 AM
love pembroke corgis

Default luggage

sailing on the NCL Sea. Can we just take our own luggage to our room. We will have carry on wheel bags and a small cosmetic type bag. We never check luggage when we fly and would prefer not to have to check it for boarding the ship. Will NCL allow us to take our own luggage to our room?? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: luggage

if it will fit thru the scanners (same as the ones at the airport) you may carry-it on. Otherwise you will have to check your bags
Old May 5th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Dixie Lee

You can take your carry-on bags, just like the airlines. Your suitcases will not fit through the scanner and thus, will have to be delivered to your cabin.
Dixie Lee
Old May 5th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I doubt it will fit through the scanners. Just hand it over to the porters at the pier and tip them a few dollars per bag. You can then just carry-on the carry-on luggage. The rest of your luggage should be delivered to your cabin in a few hours, usually before dinner.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Andee

We've carried large suitcases on Orient Lines without a problem. We were boarding at 3PM after an overnight flight and a day of sightseeing, and wanted to be sure we could unpack and change before dinner.
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:11 PM
love pembroke corgis

what we have are carry on roller bags. They are not oversize bags. They fit in the overhead compartments on board an aircraft. So they should fit through the scanners if they are like the airport scanners.
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Admiral

I think we could all use some packing lessons from you - how do you manage to get by with so little luggage? TTFN Jennifer
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:48 AM
love pembroke corgis

Default Re: Re: luggage

I lay everything out flat, take lots of mix and match outfits. I purchased a set of those "space bags" for traveling and will try them on this trip so see if they really work. I wear one pair of shoes and take one extra pair. I hate packing shoes, they take up so much space. If necessary I have done laundry on vacation althought don't like to. We went to Germany for 10 days with only our roller bag and small tote. We have also done Hawaii one year for 2 weeks and last year for 10 days with only the same amount. I usually take a canvas duffle folded up in my roller bag and sometimes we check it coming back home, but never never check bags on outbound trip. I guess this comes from working for AA for 30 plus years and having to fly standby. Never wanted my bags to go without me, so learned to take less and keep it with me.
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Some good ideas - thanks. TTFN Jennifer