Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
lilliana

Default informal on Zenith?

My family and I are going on the Celebrity Zenith soon, and we could REALLY use some guidance as to what 'informal' dress means? We've just gotten ourselves into the packing mindset, so any guidance that yall could offer would be so appreciated!

Oh, and another question while I'm thinking of it... is denim allowed in the dining room in any form for dinner? (i.e. a jumper ,tasteful denim skirt, or one of those cute fitted blazers)

Thanks again!

Bermuda on the Zenith... so psyched!
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: informal on Zenith?

Hi Lill,
Yes, you can wear a denim skirt with a nice top for any casual night, in fact I usually pack mine for the first night. Nice sun dresses or tops and skirts are fine for casual night, also slacks and a blouse will work too. For the guys, some docker type pants and a polo shirt are pretty much the norm on a casual night.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:38 PM
lilliana

Thanks for clearing up the denim worries Donna! I still have one question though, what would be appropriate to wear for informal night? Our cruise docs have them listed as a separate occasion from casual night, is the dress code any different?
Old June 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: informal on Zenith?

Hi Lil,
Yes, the informal night I wouldn't wear any denim, but a nice pants outfit or nice dress....and the guys will need a jacket and tie, although we've noticed lately that most just wear casual clothes and don't wear the jacket. Some of the other cruiselines have dropped this dress code and just do the casual and formal, I wish Celebrity and Royal Caribbean would do the same. Last cruise on Royal Caribbean we didn't pack the jacket for my husband, so you may want to pack it just in case...up to you.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 9th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Andre

Informal means a jacket and tie for men and something roughly equivalent in dressiness for women.

Whether or not the cruise ship is using the word informal correctly is another matter. I'd say you can be at least sure that it is intended as a step up from casual, so at least a jacket would be required. And if you are bringing a jacket, a tie won't take up any room. Whether you actually wear the tie...

But informal means jacket and tie.
Old June 9th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Admiral

lilliana - informal on Celebrity for men means a nice pair of dress slacks a dress shirt, maybe a tie, pack the sportsjacket just in case, dress shoes. Most of the ladies will be wearing nice dresses - think of something that you would wear to a summer afternoon wedding, not as dressy as a cocktail dress. Nice dress pants with a nice blouse, a nice tailored dress skirt and blouse, heels.
Denim jeans pants are not allowed in the main dining rooms in the evenings.
A denim skirt with a cute top and kitten heels or flat sandals would be fine for casual nights.