Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:10 AM
BrendaS.

Default Question about luggage size

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm a novice. When luggage is measured do you just measure the actual box part or do you factor the handles into it? I have a bag that would qualify as a carry on for most airlines but only if I don't have to measure the folded down handle too. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to sanditoes
Default Re: Question about luggage size

Hi Brenda S,
I have seen in numerous places saying that the measurement must include the "wheels" of a pull along, so does that go for the handle, I don't know for sure! Sorry I can't actually answer the question but this might help lean you one way or the other???

Call your airline and ask them, I know this can sometimes be a pain, waiting on hold and all but there answer would be the rule. The last time I flew, no one even looked at our carry-ons and this was ALL of our luggage for that four day weekend, everyone had a back pack and my daughter and I each had a tote, now that I think of that I would think the handle would not make a difference, but I don't make the rules.

Hope I didn't confuse you,
sanditoes

Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Question about luggage size

it has to be able to fit thru the scanners at the airport, fit in the overhead compartment on the plane or fit under your seat to qualify as a carry-on bag.