Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Passenger

Default Just back from Celebration Cruise

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Celebration - had a wonderful time! I just wanted to say that we seen every single kind of dress in the dining room. We saw blue jeans, shorts, and even a baseball cap. We dressed up on formal night - husband in suit and tie, son in black pants and white long sleeved shirt, me & daughter in little black dresses. The other 3 nights husband and son wore dockers and shirts, me and daughter wore capri's and shirts (she wore a skirt two of the nights).

It didn't really bother me what anyone else wore -- I really didn't understand why someone would want to wear shorts or a baseball cap in a dining room where a majority of the people were dressed smartly casual -- but I guess to each his own - they paid their way so I guess they figured they would dress how they wanted to.

We really did have a great time and the food was wonderful!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:37 PM
sailgirl

Default Re: Just back from Celebration Cruise

gamom4, How did you like this cruise? We are considering it for next summer. It seemed quite reasonable. We have one starting college and feel the need to cut back on the vacation budget. We have 3 teens.
Old August 4th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Me too! My husband and I are going on the Celebration this November for 5 nights for our 30th anniversary and was wondering what she was like. How were the staterooms and the ship in general?
Joy

Carnival Celebration
Holiday-2005
Old August 21st, 2005, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just back from Celebration Cruise

What do you want to know about the ol' girl?? I sailed on her in June and had a BALL!!

How old are your teens??

What type of room are you looking at??

Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'll be on the Celebration on September 10th and can't wait. Were you guys in a qaud by any chance? That's what I'll be in. Did your kids go to Camp Carnival? I'll have my 10 year old with me and haven't heard that much about it. I'm so glad you guys had a blast.

Is the ship easy to navigate?

Celebration--Bahamas

I belive in unicorns, dragons, good men and all mythical creatures.