Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Default Packing for 14 day cruise

Good thing is we can drive to the port, so there's no worry about not being able to hang up our clothes for formal night, but how can you pack everything into 1 (or 1 large & 1 small) suitcase for a cruise from LA to Hawaii?? Seems that I pack my case pretty well for a 7 day cruise, and 10 days (our longest) was even worse! But I can tell you, I don't want to have to do laundry during our vacation....wouldn't be so bad, but the laundry room was so busy, not fun to be standing there ready to grab any of the limited machines that become available!

Any suggestions??? Maybe rolling clothes instead of folding??

Thanks in advance!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2005, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Jean,
I have thought about this many times and I should be so lucky to do this cruise one day. Congratulations on getting your vacation granted. I thought about packing for a 7 or 10 day cruise as normal and buy along the way. Instead of shorts, I would bring capris or petal pushers. These can be worn in the dining room on casual nights. Put a duffle bag or two in the outside pouches of the luggage for the extras bought. Some things can be washed in the shower and dried out on the balcony if you have one. We always bring regular clothes pins for this. I look forward to ideas from others for future planning.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old December 22nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Admiral

That's a tough one since you don't want to do laundry.
Use the cruise lines unlimited laundry special during your cruise, that will help. You can wash your personal garments in the sink in the bathroom and hang them on the shower.
Pack underwear and socks in Ziploc type bags, really stuff them full, and then squish out all the air, and toss them in your bag.
Plan on buying a few cheapo t-shirts on the islands that way you won't have to pack those.

Sheath/Sundresses take up a lot less space than a couple of skirts and a couple of tops(hang them in your garment bag)
Plan on getting 2 nights wear out of one pair of pants or a skirt - just change your tops.
Hang as much in your garment bag as you can, stuff it to the gills. put your shoes in the garment bag.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Jean......rolling does help lots! We went on a 21 day cruise......had 2 suitcases.....one for me.......one for hubby & our 2 carryons. Stuff socks inside shoes.....keeps the shoes from crushing. That's what we did & it seemed to work......good luck.......

Sharon
Old December 26th, 2005, 05:40 PM
First Mate

I just returned from a 14-night back-to-back cruise in the Caribbean and found that my Chico's Travelers Collection was wonderful. I mixed and matched pants, long skirt, tops with their jackets and shirts and it worked out great. Black is my mainstay. I have a few evening jackets and they worked well for formal night. The pants worked good for the other nights.

For jewelry it pays to invest in a reversible omega and buy some nice slides to go on them. On the white gold side you can use silver ones which are a bit cheaper.

I also only bring capris. Bring the basics, tan, black and I like white (but bring some Shout wipes), they work great. Then bring the basic color tops to go with the pants.

For shoes, bring neutral sandals (tan), sneakers or good shoes for ports and sandals and close shoes for dressier outfits.

I tried washing out some undies one night to see if they would dry by the next day and they did. I brought some clothes pins with me and used the line in the shower to hang them on. I also bring some liquid hand soap on all my cruises and then just leave it behind.

The more I cruise, the more I find shortcuts in packing.

It's only when I go from the Caribbean weather to cold weather then you have to throw in some jeans and at least one wool jacket and a few sweaters, sox and shoes.

Hope this helps.

Cathy
2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old December 26th, 2005, 05:44 PM
First Mate

I should have added one more thing.

I use the ship's laundry service. I usually iron hubby's shirts before the cruise, but this time I just packed them and sent them out to be ironed, it was only $1.75 a shirt. If you want it cleaned or washed it's double that.

I usually bring a iron/steamer with me and I can iron pants okay, but shirts are hard to do. Just not worth the time.

Just send those out to be pressed when you first unpack and if need be do so the second week as well if they are not soiled.

Spend your time having a nice martini or relaxing with a book instead of washing clothes on your cruise.

Happy cruising.
2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Passenger

I went on a 32 day cruise on the Regal Princess, Yokohama to San Francisco. We did have to do Laundry. You are right it was a problem. Two Couples were put off the ship for fighting in the laundry areas. But a 14 day cruise is to short to spend time in the laundry. You are on vacation try to pack wisely and send things to the laundry if neccessary. You only live once.
Old January 4th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Admiral

JeanS,

Good thing is we can drive to the port, so there's no worry about not being able to hang up our clothes for formal night, but how can you pack everything into 1 (or 1 large & 1 small) suitcase for a cruise from LA to Hawaii?? Seems that I pack my case pretty well for a 7 day cruise, and 10 days (our longest) was even worse! But I can tell you, I don't want to have to do laundry during our vacation....wouldn't be so bad, but the laundry room was so busy, not fun to be standing there ready to grab any of the limited machines that become available!

Any suggestions??? Maybe rolling clothes instead of folding??

Here's my packing list for 14 nights aboard a Celebrity ship (3 formal evenings, 4 informal evenings, and 7 casual evenings).

Wear to Ship:

* Polo or Golf Shirt
* Undershorts
* Pair of Slacks
* Belt
* Pair of Socks
* Pair of Dress Shoes (get polished at airport en route)

Pack:

* 15 Polo (or Golf) Shirts
* 15 Pairs of Undershorts
* 3 Pairs of Slacks
* 4 Pairs of "Dress" Shorts
* 15 Pairs of Socks
* 20-25 Handkerchiefs
* 1 Pair of Dress Shoes (Well Polished)
* 1 Pair of Moccasins (with Rubber Soles)
* 1 Pair of Flip-Flops
* 2 "Hawaiian" or "Island" Shirts
* 1 Waterproof Windbreaker
* 1 Sweater or Sweatshirt
* 2 Swimsuits
* 1 Baseball Cap, Sun Hat, or Visor
* 1 Sport Coat
* 1 Dinner Jacket
* 1 Pair Formal Evening Pants
* 3 Formal Dress Shirts, Pleated, with French Cuffs
* 2 Cummerbunds with Matching Bow Ties
* 1 Formal Vest with Matching Bow Tie
* 2 Launtry Bags
* Toiletry Kit
* Electric Razor
* APS Camera and Film
* 16-Day Supply of Medicines
* Bible and Prayer Book
* Tickets (Cruise and Airline)
* Passport

This list actually provides one extra change of clothes in case I need it, either due to an accident or due to a delay getting home that forces an extra overnight stay en route. Everything fits quite easily into one large suitcase and one carry-on with plenty of room for some souvenirs on the trip home. Now, here's how I get by. Aboard ship, I generally shower at the end of the day's activities before going to diinner. On normal casual evenings, I'll don a clean polo shirt, undershorts, and socks with a pair of slacks and a pair of dress shoes. On informal evenings, I'll don the sport coat over the polo shirt. The next morning, I'll put on the same undershorts and polo shirt but with a pair of shorts and the pair of moccasins. On evenings when there's a tropical deck party, I'll wear a "Hawaiian" shirt and put on the day's polo shirt the next morning. Likewise, on the formal evenings, I don my formalware for the evening and don the polo shirt the next morning.

If I were to adapt my list for women, it would look something like this.

Wear to Ship:

* "Bra Top" or Leotard
* Panties
* Skirt or Pair of Slacks
* Stockings or Panty Hose, if Desired
* Pair of Pumps

Pack:

* 15 "Bra Tops" or Leotards
* 15 Pairs of Panties
* 3 Skirts or Pairs of Slacks
* 4 Pairs of Dress Shorts
* 20-25 Handkerchiefs
* 1 Pair of Evening Dress Shoes
* 1 Pair of Moccasins (with Rubber Soles)
* 1 Pair of Flip-Flops
* 2 "Hawaiian" or "Island" Dresses
* 1 Waterproof Windbreaker
* 1 Sweater or Sweatshirt
* 1 Sun Hat or Visor
* 2 Swimsuits with Wrap Cover-Ups
* 1 Evening Dress with 3 Sets of Accessories
* 3 Bras to Wear with Evening Dress, if Required
* 2 Cocktail Dresses with 4 Sets of Accessories (2 for each dress)
* 4 Bras to Wear with Cocktail Dress, if Required
* 2 Evening Handbags
* 1 Evening Shawl, in case the dining room or the showroom is chilly
* Stockings or Pantyhose for Eveningwear, as Desired
* 2 Launtry Bags
* 4 or 5 Sets of Casual Jewelry
* Toiletry Kit
* Cosmetics
* Electric Razor, if desired
* APS Camera and Film
* 16-Day Supply of Medicines
* Bible and Prayer Book
* Tickets (Cruise and Airline)
* Passport

The pumps would certainly be sutiable for wear on casual evenings so you can save the evening dress shoes for the formal and informal evenings.

Now, there is one additional trick. Choose clothes that won't wrinkle (or at least that won't hold wrinkles) and that will pack compactly. Here are a couple examples.

>> A "speedo" (men) or a "bikini" with a triangle top (women) generally will fold much more compactly than other styles of swimsuits. Also, nylon/lycra swimsuits will fold more compactly than other materials, and they have the additional advantage of drying quickly so two are enough.

>> Some styles of underwear fold a lot more compactly than others, and it really does not matter what style of underwear you choose because your spouse is the only passenger who will see you in it. For men, "Eurobriefs" or "fashion" bikinis generally take about half the space of standard American "tighty whities" or boxers. For women, bikini or thong styles generally fold more compactly than full panties. You choice of underwear also can lighten your luggage by several pounds.

>> Finally, fold your clothes neatly. Back when I was a naval officer, a sailor once told men that the only thing that he learned in boot camp was to fold his clothes in "equal thirds" each way. In our Navy, sailors have very limited locker space aboard naval ships so I figured that there must be a "madness to the method" if they put that much emphasis on folding clothes "just so" in boot camp. Thus, I decided to try folding clothes into "equal thirds" (sides in first, then bottom, then top, starting witth the garment front of the garment down) for everything that does not have creases. Sure enough, the garments came out considerably more compactly than when folded in the manner that my mother had taught me to fold them.

That said, you may want to modify my lists according to your own plans for activities, both aboard ship and in port.

>> I did not include athletic clothing on the lists because i use the pool rather than the gym. If you plan to use the gym, you'll need to add suitable attire for your workouts.

>> I also did not include specialized clothing or equipment for activities ashore. If you are planning any hiking or diving trips, you'll need to add whatever you want to bring for those activities to the list. If you are planning to play golf, you'll want to bring your golf shoes even if you plan to rent clubs.

My list should be a good starting point for you and your husband, though. I hope that it's helpful!

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old April 21st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Admiral

I am SO jealous! We did the Calif to Hawaii and had a ball.
Ours was 16 days and I rolled clothes tightly, then secured with rubber bands. Left plenty of room to lay good clothes out flat. Also, I have some "formal" wear that is actually travel knit that can't wrinkle (I've tried), but can easily be dressed up with scarves/jewelry, whatever. We also packed little more than usual, as we both wore slacks on multiple evenings with variation on tops. Obviously, port clothes did not get reworn...always too dirty/stinky. Used one pair of dress shoes for all formal nights...my husband's shoes are huge!
Old April 21st, 2006, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Thanks everyone for all of the good suggestions....I went for my waxings today, then manicure & pedicure tomorrow, doing last minute laundry tomorrow, then we should be all set! And thanks Lisa for the suggestion of the unlimited laundry special....I don't mind doing laundry at home, but don't like waiting in a hot & humid room trying to remember who was next, etc., etc., etc. And thanks Rev for the list, hopefully you didn't type all that and have it saved for each time you need it!

Thanks also, Cruz Crazy, MJ3396, LS80, LisaK, CA Cruiser and Rev. It was also fun to do some pre-cruise shopping (I found some lovely stuff that appears relatively wrinkle-free for those dressy night (altho to some people's horror, I DO plan on changing to my comfy stuff after dinner GADS!)

Thanks again, all!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old April 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM
Admiral

Jean,

And thanks Rev for the list...

You're welcome!

... hopefully you didn't type all that and have it saved for each time you need it!

I actually typed the gent's lst from memory, then adapted it for ladies on the fly -- all especially for you since you asked the question!

Please let me know if you find any significant omissions that are not already covered in my comments.

Norm.
Old April 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Passenger

Rev22:17:

Wow! Does your list take into account the new 50 pound limit per suitcase? If so, how many suitcases for all that stuff?

Don't you plan to use the laundry facilities on board? With that list of stuff, it seems like you could change everyday and not use the facility.

15 Polo/Golf shirts? All those shoes you recommend, at my size 14's, it would take up a lot of room!

I think, that I could get by with 1/4 of all that gear. But thats just my opinion.

De Oppresso Liber - RLTW
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Norm...love the list! Since we're going on a 14 day Alaskan cruise I specificly looked on this site for some suggestions. Glad I did.

One thing that we've found that helps cut down on some packing bulk for both of us is to use travel quick dry underware. You need only take 3 pairs. One to wear, one to change, one to wash. (we usually bring a 4th pair just in case.) But they wash and dry quickly, feel great too. For women they come in all styles...and for men they come in boxer or brief types. All travel catalogs and other specialty sporting good stores carry them.

We also try to pack only wrinkle resistant type clothes so we can pack tightly. This is our FIRST 14 day cruise...so we'll see how it goes...but I do think that making good use of the ships dry cleaning and laundery service is a great idea. Who wants to do laundery???!!! I hate doing it at home let alone on vacation!
Old April 30th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Passenger

I found some basic sleeveless dresses of a nice slinky fabric. No wrinkles, wash in the sink, hang dry in the shower if needed. They are called "dress in a bag", they are sold in a 10x8 fabric bag same as the dress (matching purse) I usually bring a black one and a red one and I wear different long dressy shirts (I bring 2) over the dress. I get 4 different outfits for formal nights. On casual nights I wear them on their own and on shore days I throw a light gauzy white shirt on top. They are the best purchase I ever made. I did an 11 days cruise with only one carry on and a laptop case that I filled with my toileteries and jewelery and 2 pairs of sandals. My husband loves the new "travel light me" as I used to take 2 huge cases +carry on +attache+purse. I really smarted up on a trip 2 years ago when we had to use 2 taxis for all the luggage.

yelapa
Old April 30th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Admiral

GBeret,

Wow! Does your list take into account the new 50 pound limit per suitcase? If so, how many suitcases for all that stuff?

I usually check a "pilot's case" (22" roller back) and a "two suiter" (26" roller back) that have room to spare, and carry on a normal briefcase containing the reading material, tickets and travel documents, and prescriptions. The tips on choice of styles and on folding that follow the lists do make a big difference, though!

BTW, I'll add a character costume for my cruise to Hawai'i on 22 October since it's over Halloween.

Don't you plan to use the laundry facilities on board?

No. Celebrity's ships do not have self-service laundry facilities and I see no reason to pay their rates. Even on other lines, I see no reason to spend my vacation doing laundry that I can do perfectly well at home.

With that list of stuff, it seems like you could change everyday and not use the facility.

Yes, that's precisely the idea -- clean clothes every day, plus for each "formal" and "informal" evening. If you are traveling on a line that has only "formal" and "casual" evenings, you can cut out the "informal" items.

15 Polo/Golf shirts?

Yes, as they are the ideal balance -- dressy enough for "casual" and "informal" evenings (the latter with a sportcoat) but casual enough to wear over a bathing suit (with shorts, of course) when going to the beach.

All those shoes you recommend, at my size 14's, it would take up a lot of room!

Well, you can get by with one less pair if you pack a shoe shine kit and wear shoes suitable for use with a tuxedo (or your mess dress uniform) to the ship. It really is not that bad, though. The flip-flops reduce to a compact package less than an inch thick if you put their soles together top to top and slide them into each others' straps. Moccasins also pack very compactly if you put them top to top with the tongue of each inserted into the other. It's also quite easy to pack a couple pairs of socks in each of the dress shoes -- especially if you really wear size 14's!

I think, that I could get by with 1/4 of all that gear. But thats just my opinion.

If you want to spend your vacation doing laundry, you can cut the 15's down to 5's. The rest of the list stays pretty much entact. That reduction probably would be about 10% of the total volume, but now you'll need laundry detergent, fabric softener, bleach, etc., which probably will weigh more and take up more space than the clothes that it will replace.

Norm.
Old April 30th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Admiral

Fieldmouse,

Since we're going on a 14 day Alaskan cruise I specificly looked on this site for some suggestions. Glad I did.

Going to Alaska, one bathing suit and two pairs of shorts will be plenty and you won't need the sunhat or visor. Also, since the cruise portion of your trip is only seven days, you can reduce the items of for formal and informal evenings proportionately. OTOH, you will want the following in the vicinity of glaciers, and possibly at Juneau and Ketchikan as well.

>> 2 or 3 sweaters or sweatshirts

>> winter jacket (scarf optional) and hat

>> winter gloves or mittens (leather gloves with fur linings are best)

>> waterproof medium weight jacket

You may also need jeans or khaki work pants and trail boots if you are planning to go on wilderness hikes, etc.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old May 1st, 2006, 01:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Fieldmouse:

I would make one amendment to Norm's suggestion: On the gloves I would go with a Thinsulate, water proof nylon glove. Don't get too heavy of a glove but one that is functional. Leather and fur do not dry out easily (unless you can find some seal or polar bear) once they are wet and unless you find real fur don't provide too much warmth. Mittens, while they are the warmest don't provide too much function and on most Alaskan cruises and tours you won't be exposed to Arctic conditions.

Rain is the biggest problem you will find in Alaska. It may never happen but if it does it is best to be prepared and be able to enjoy yourself while others are huddled up.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 1st, 2006, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Norm & Mike:

Thanks again for some great suggestions!

Believe it or not...this week we are laying out our clothes to be sure we don't forget anything!

Cruising packing for cold/cooler areas is a lot more difficult because what you pack is bulker! I've even bought two packing books and BOTH books in their sections "Packing for your cruisie" stressed what you should pack for WARM/HOT climates! What a disappointment. So all suggestions on this site are very much appreciated.
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Admiral

When DF and I did the Grand Princess in '04, we carried, if I can recall, 9 peices of luggage!! It was a sight to behold in the passageway outside our cabin.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Fieldmouse,

Cruising packing for cold/cooler areas is a lot more difficult because what you pack is bulker! I've even bought two packing books and BOTH books in their sections "Packing for your cruisie" stressed what you should pack for WARM/HOT climates! What a disappointment. So all suggestions on this site are very much appreciated.

Bear in mind that you are packing for temperatures in the 30's and 40's rather than subzero in glacier areas, so "winter jacket" does not mean a fur-lined parka. A heavy standard zipper jacket will be adequate, espeically if you have a heavy sweater or sweatshirt to wear under it for added warmth. You also will not need dressy winter outer garments because the formal evenings will be entirely below deck.

Norm.
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Great point Norm.

It may well be cool but it isn't "Nanook of the North."

A couple of layers of clothing for warmth, a knit cap, and some lightweight rain gear is what you want. You don't need to pack two additional suitcases. I did get a chuckle out of a few cruisers lugging around down parkas in 60 degree temps. They were a bit sweaty.

A stop at your local outdoors store and purchasing a lightweight rainsuit such as is used for fishing may be the best answer. I pack mine and it weighs about a pound (jacket and pants) and it rolls up into a small backpack. It also provides some great warmth. On one whale watching trip I was outside getting great views while everyone else was looking through foggy windows. You may never use it but............ If you don't want that a rain poncho also works. Just make sure it's durable.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Admiral

I would also like to suggest silk "long johns". They add a lot of warmth with minimum weight and bulk. I disagree with Norm on one issue and that is not needing visor or sunhat. Alaska's weather can be unpredictable and the first time I went I got sunburned in May in Glacier Bay. Of course, you can always get a visor from the ship's gift shop, but I'd rather buy other types of souvenirs!
Marty
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Great ideas! I'm passing these on to my sister who is tearing her hair out trying to pack for the cooler weather! Amazing to be packing for cooler weather when the outside temp. is above 80's.!

Like the idea of wearing layers too. That way as the day warms up you can peel a layer or two.

Old May 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Admiral

colorcrazie,

Like the idea of wearing layers too. That way as the day warms up you can peel a layer or two.

The southern half of Alaska's Inside Passage is pure rain forest, so diurnal temperature variations are pretty slight. The more significant issue is rain, which generally is not heavy but is apt to be continuous.

When you get further north, the weather tends to be very mild and summrlike except around the glaciers due to the mountains and consequent chinook. In Skagway and Anchorage, you probably won't want more than a spring/fall jacket or a light sweater, which you probably will shed by late morning.

When you get into the vicinity of glaciers, it's a completely different story. The calving of glaciers ensures that their bays remain full of ice water, which is always at the freezing point (32 degrees Fahrenheit or zero degrees Celsius), and the air above the bay is not a whole lot warmer because the water chills it. In those areas, you will want winter coats, hats, gloves, etc..

Norm.
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Passenger

We did Alaska 2 years in a row in at the beginning of May and it was awsome! We were very lucky in our weather, in Ketchikan it was around 78*F both years. The first year we took winter coats etc... By the 2nd year we decided to go a little lighter and packed fleece jacket and waterproof windbrakers. We did a couple of glacier excursions but the sun was out and it felt like a very warm spring day. The coldest day was our whale watching excursion and there was sleet and icy rain falling. The fleece under a windbraker is a really warm combination. It was great. We saw many whales that day as they seemed to enjoy the weather and breaching right out of the water! (not that common in cold weather I'm told). Hats are a must as my DH got a severe sunburn on his nose and cheeks while walking in Ketchikan

Yelapa
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Admiral

I could go around the world with my black evening pants and long black skirt. The secret is to accessorize instead of taking a bunch of gowns or dresses. I use long scarves and rhinestone jewelry to change any outfit.
I really only need one pair of black heels for every evening night (shoes really take up room).
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.