Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Default What to pack for Mexican Riviera cruise in February?

Hi everyone,

I will be taking a cruise out of San Francisco down to the Mexican Riviera and back again (10 day) and I'm wondering how to pack. How many days will be "cold" days and how many "hot"? I'm thinking that from San Francisco to San Diego I will need to pack sweaters if I want to go on deck? Of course..once we get to Mexico it will be summer..so I guess my luggage will be a two season one..I just hope I won't overpack because of it!! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Camelia
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Beginner

Hi Camellia,

I have been on a 7 night out of Long Beach and it was HOT in Puerto Vallarta in January. I would pack summer clothes for Mexico and winter (in CA) clothes for the CA part. It can get windy and chilly on deck especially at night before you get past Cabo.
Have fun on your trip!

*Ü* Starr
Old February 7th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Camelia,

I will be taking a cruise out of San Francisco down to the Mexican Riviera and back again (10 day) and I'm wondering how to pack. How many days will be "cold" days and how many "hot"? I'm thinking that from San Francisco to San Diego I will need to pack sweaters if I want to go on deck? Of course..once we get to Mexico it will be summer..so I guess my luggage will be a two season one..I just hope I won't overpack because of it!! Does anyone have any suggestions?

The best advice is to bring layers for wear during the day. You probably will find that the first day and the last day will be pretty chilly (you probably will want either a windbreaker over a sweater or sweatshirt or a jacket with some insulation in it when you are on deck) and the second day and the next to last day will be somewhat cool (you'll want a windbreaker when you are on deck). All of the Mexican ports of call are in the tropics, so you will want summer clothing there.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.